CFP: Conference on Software Engineering Education and Training 2002

CFP: Conference on Software Engineering Education and Training 2002

Post by Timothy C. Lethbrid » Thu, 21 Jun 2001 02:00:01

15th Conference on Software Engineering Education and Training
CSEET  2002     Feb 25 - Feb 27, 2002
"Instantiating Software Engineering Education"

Covington, Kentucky (Greater Cincinnati), USA
http://www.site.uottawa.ca/cseet2002/

Call for Papers, Panels, and Workshops

Software Engineering education is beyond philosophical debates over relevance
or appropriateness.  MS programs in Software Engineering are well established,
and undergraduate programs are coming on-line.  It is time to turn to the hard
work of instantiating programs in Software Engineering as it is manifested in
different forms at different schools. This call asks for papers that will address
the following issues:

* How do we acclimate entering students to the community of practice of Software
Engineering?

* How do we assess and evaluate students and programs?

* What are the knowledge and skill sets we want to introduce to students early
and we want to introduce late in their programs?

* How do we balance process versus product considerations?

* What are the roles of closed ended concise problems and open-ended problems?

* How do we strike an appropriate balance between creativity and discipline?

* What are the needs for life-long learning of software engineering
professionals?

* How do the requirements for accreditation, certification and licensure impact
proposed programs?

Papers and proposals for panels and workshops addressing these issues and related
issues are welcome.  As always, the conference's focus is on real solutions that
have been evaluated in the classroom or by some other means beyond anecdotal
commentary.

subject  line "CSEET SUBMISSION"

Submission due dates

* Workshop Proposals: August 16, 2001

* Release of workshop descriptions. Final solicitation of papers and panelists
for the workshops: August 30, 2001

* Research Papers, Experience Reports, Workshop panelist Position Papers,
Tutorial and Panel Proposals: September 20, 2001

* Notification of Acceptance: November 1, 2001

* Camera-ready copies due: December 13, 2001

Program Chair:

SITE, University of Ottawa, 150 Louis Pasteur, Ottawa, Ontario K1N 6N5 Canada

Co-General Chair

College of Computing , Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, GA 30332-0280, USA

Co-General Chair

Rochester Institute of Technology, 134 Lomb Memorial Dr., Rochester, NY 14623, USA

Sponsorship/Support by the IEEE, ACM and SEI is anticipated.

--
Timothy C. Lethbridge,                     Associate Professor

SITE: School of Information Technology and Engineering
University of Ottawa, Canada, K1N 6N5      Office: 613 562-5800x6685
Fax: 613 562-5187    Home: 613 237-6642    Mobile: 613 859-9944
Co-author of McGraw Hill textbook -- Object Oriented Software Engineering:
Practical Software Development using UML and Java. http://www.lloseng.com

1. Deadline: Conference on Software Engineering Education and Training

This is a reminder that the deadline for papers for the 15th Conference on
Software Engineering Education and Training (CSEE&T 2002) is fast approaching!

You can find the call for papers at http://www.site.uottawa.ca/cseet2002/
At that site, you will find detailed instructions for submission. We are
looking for papers on all topics related to education, training and
professionalism in software engineering. There is also a special track
dedicated to the role of education theory.

All papers must be received by Sept 20th. If you know of anyone who may be
interested, please forward this to them.

CSEET will be held in Covington, Kentucky, just over the river from
Cincinnati, USA. We have two excellent keynotes lined up: Nancy Leveson
and Ed Yourdon. We also are planning one more keynote, plus a lively
program of tutorials, panel discussions and workshops.

If you attend CSEE&T, you can also attend SIGCSE (The ACM Symposium on
Computer Science Education), which will follow CSEE&T in a nearby hotel.

Timothy C. Lethbridge, CSEE&T 2002 Program Chair
http://www.site.uottawa.ca/~tcl
http://www.site.uottawa.ca/cseet2002/
http://www.lloseng.com

2. fading keyboard painting on 5mx pro as well?

3. CFP: 27th Annual IEEE/NASA Software Engineering Workshop, Washington DC, 5-6 December 2002

4. FA: Palm IIIx

5. CSEE&T 2002 Call for Participation (Conf on SE Education & Training)

6. Apple IIc to Mac -- HELP!

7. Southeast Software Engineering Conference 2002

8. Notes.ini description

9. Southeast Software Engineering Conference 2002 Call for Participation

10. CfP: UBICOMP 2002 - Conference on Ubiquitous Computing

11. CFP: Software Engineering: Education & Practice (SE:E&P'96)