Help: DECwindows Motif 1.1.1 MWM help -where is it looking for help?

Help: DECwindows Motif 1.1.1 MWM help -where is it looking for help?

Post by Art Sti » Wed, 20 Nov 1991 01:10:55

help... or more specifically, in the DECwindows Motif 1.1.1 developer's
kit for RISC/Ultrix and also for the Sun, where is mwm looking for its
help libraries? The links appear to be correct in /usr/lib/X11/help, but
it does not seem to be finding the help files. Anyone have any ideas?

thanks much

-art stine
sr network engineer
clarkson u

1. Implementation Repository Problem.... HELP HELP HELP HELP

TAO VERSION: 1.3
ACE VERSION: 5.3

DEVELOPMENT/TARGET MACHINE
INTEL P5/1Gz/256MB and SUSE Linux 8.1/Kernel 2.4.19/GNU G++ v3.2.2

AREA/CLASS/EXAMPLE AFFECTED:
imr_tao fail to register my server to ImplRepo_Service.

EXECUTION/CONFIGURATION PROBLEM

SYNOPSIS:

Implementation Repository: Multicast Handler enabled.

childPOA -w
/root/cobra_pkg/cobra3 -c "./myserver -ORBUseIMR 1 -ORBobj
refstyle URL -ORBInitRef ImplRepoService=file://implrepo.ior"

imr locator narrowed
(3236|1024) EXCEPTION, Adding server
system exception, ID 'IDL:omg.org/CORBA/UNKNOWN:1.0'
TAO exception, minor code = 0 (unknown location; unspecified errno),
completed = NO

I am a newbie of TAO/CORBA and experimenting with Implementation
Repository service. I follow the instruction describe in
$TAO_ROOT/doc/tutorial/Quoter
example. I think I can successfully start ImplRepo_Service,
however I am unable to register my program (./myserver) by using tao_imr.

Unrelated Question
==================
Can I use ServantLocator and NameService together? For example, I
created a special ServantLocator to create an object(servant) of ABC
class, can I also bind this object of ABC class by using Name
Service?? How does client application utiltized ServantLocator???

2. Serializable DataSet

3. HELP!!!!HELP!!!HELP!!!HELP!!!HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. Image processing question

5. Motif Window Manger (MWM) hangs under Ultrix 4.3/Motif 1.1.3

6. Oracle, "C" Progrommer Needed - Permanent Full Time

7. HELP: I am looking for software which can change the original voice

8. Y2000 Mailing Lists

9. Help! I am looking for free web space.

10. HELP HELP HELP

11. help help help PLease

12. Newsgroup listing. HELP HELP HELP!

13. MicroVAX II with 2 HD, HELP HELP HELP.....