9 gb disk on alpha 3000

Post by bnl » Thu, 06 Jun 1996 04:00:00

does anyone know if i can and how you format a 9gb disk on a alpha 3000 mod
400
I know on some SGI and SUN systems you can not fromat a 9 gb disk because it
take to long and the fromat program times out.

thanks in advance

1. 9 GB disks on DEC 3000 workstations?

Greetings:

   I've need to up the storage capacity on my DEC 3000 Alpha workstation.
I'd like to put a 9 GB SCSI disk in it, but I can't get a real answer
out of Digital as to whether the computer and VMS support this size disk.

   Has anyone out there put such a thing in such a workstation?  It seems
to me that Digital is still a step behind the times when it comes to
peripherals (hard disks, CD ROM support, etc).

Thanks,
John Krist

2. Gloom Deluxe/Ultimate Gloom

3. A 4 GB disk for the price of a 2 GB disk?

4. Zoom-Effect in .NET?

5. Disk/boot problem with Dec Alpha 3000 600 running OSF

6. Changing Locations of Some Key Folders.

7. Internal/External disk for DEC Alpha 3000 model 600 and 300L

8. Making a section of a page printable

9. DEC Alpha 3000/400 disk I/O rates

10. DEC 3000 400 OpenVMS: "file structure" error mounting disk

11. Noisy disks (RZ26L on 3000-300LX)

12. 3rd-party system (boot) disks on AXP 3000 workstations