Any McAfee customers receive instant virus alerts?

Any McAfee customers receive instant virus alerts?

Post by Rich Colvi » Fri, 21 Jan 2000 04:00:00

Hey, has anyone with McAfee virus software
gotten instant virus notification since
their partnership with messageblaster.com?
Saw an article on this in Dec. Interested
in how it's going.

Any McAfee customers receive instant virus alerts?

Post by Nemo Shado » Sat, 22 Jan 2000 04:00:00

Yep get the virus info  before there released to the news services..

On 20 Jan 2000 20:17:12 EST, Rich Colvin

>Hey, has anyone with McAfee virus software
>gotten instant virus notification since
>their partnership with messageblaster.com?
>Saw an article on this in Dec. Interested
>in how it's going.

Nemo Shadows
  1982
A man lives a single lifetime.
A martyr lives forever.

Any McAfee customers receive instant virus alerts?

Post by Ellie Kuykenda » Sat, 22 Jan 2000 04:00:00

How?

To reply via email, remove nospam from my email address.

Ellie

>Yep get the virus info  before there released to the news services..

>On 20 Jan 2000 20:17:12 EST, Rich Colvin

>>Hey, has anyone with McAfee virus software
>>gotten instant virus notification since
>>their partnership with messageblaster.com?
>>Saw an article on this in Dec. Interested
>>in how it's going.

>Nemo Shadows
>  1982
>A man lives a single lifetime.
>A martyr lives forever.

Any McAfee customers receive instant virus alerts?

Post by Pete Dain » Sat, 22 Jan 2000 04:00:00

I think this was originally in place to avoid Y2K problems, but NAI
partnered with MessageBlaster -- web based speed messaging service -- so
that McAfee virus alert customers could be instantly alerted even if they
were away from their computers.  MessageBlaster sends instant messages
through fax, phone, pager, whatever.  They're usually a tool for business
communications.
> How?

> To reply via email, remove nospam from my email address.

> Ellie

> >Yep get the virus info  before there released to the news services..

> >On 20 Jan 2000 20:17:12 EST, Rich Colvin

> >>Hey, has anyone with McAfee virus software
> >>gotten instant virus notification since
> >>their partnership with messageblaster.com?
> >>Saw an article on this in Dec. Interested
> >>in how it's going.

> >Nemo Shadows
> >  1982
> >A man lives a single lifetime.
> >A martyr lives forever.

Any McAfee customers receive instant virus alerts?

Post by Nemo Shado » Mon, 24 Jan 2000 04:00:00

On Fri, 21 Jan 2000 16:53:17 -0800, Pete Daine

>I think this was originally in place to avoid Y2K problems, but NAI
>partnered with MessageBlaster -- web based speed messaging service -- so
>that McAfee virus alert customers could be instantly alerted even if they
>were away from their computers.  MessageBlaster sends instant messages
>through fax, phone, pager, whatever.  They're usually a tool for business
>communications.

OH I see I thought you meant instant internet  alerts, You would
figure if one worked so would the others after all there just address
too, sort of...

Nemo Shadows
  1982
A man lives a single lifetime.
A martyr lives forever.

1. distributing instant virus alerts

It may seem late, but we're finally starting to get the picture
that there are a few viruses that we know of that will shoot off
around the turn of the century, but there might be more that we
don't know about yet.  I just saw a press release about Netwark
Associates working with MessageBlaster.com to send instant virus
alerts to administrators and IT people through their pagers or
phones when they need to respond through the holiday weekend.
I'm thinking of setting something like this up just through the
MessageBlaster site, so that we don't have to expect our team to
work 24/7 from Dec. 24 until some time in the new year.  This is
the first model I've seen for complete and instant alert.  Anyone
set this up through Network Associates already?  Would like to
know how you feel about whether it will really work should
computer systems stall.  Anyone tested it?  Anyone seen another
model they like better?

I'd appreciate any information on
response plans for millennium viruses.
Thanks.
Jass

2. TMS320C26 DSP Starter Kit codes

3. McAfee virus Scan question (possible boot sector virus)

4. LAN doesn't recognize the Mother Ship

5. McAfee Virus Scan 3.x

6. ACE build with gcc 3.1 on VxWorks fails

7. VIRUS ALERT! (W32/Shoerec)

8. Unhandled Error w/DXFIN or Import

9. is this for real?? Virus Alert...please forward

10. VIRUS ALERT????

11. New E-Mail Virus Alert

12. OT - Virus Alert