VMS binary-> OSF/1

Post by Wentian » Thu, 27 Jul 1995 04:00:00

is there a software to convert VMS binaries
to OSF/1 (Digital Unix) binaries? either
public domain or from Digital?

1. Xfer of binaries from VMS -> Ultrix -> VMS?

I need to transfer binaries and executables from a VAX running VMS thru
a DEC 5500 running to a 3100 running VMS, but have had no luck so far.

the destination machine is reachable _only_ via DECnet from the 5500;
the 5500 is reachable only by TCP/IP from the rest of the network; the
source machine has both TCP/IP and DECnet access.  So far I have been trying
to ftp code from the source VAX to the 5500, and then using dcp to get
the code over to the final machine; I've figured out how to get ascii files
over, but the executables and binaries have me stumped ( I'm not a VMS wiz).

Anybody have any suggestions for the clueless?

Thanx.
--
Greg Garland - Alive, occupying space, and exerting gravitational force

MS 62-024, Harris Semiconductor Sector, PO Bx 883,

"Never let the facts interfere with your perception of reality."

2. HP200LX Word Processors

3. DEC Alpha OSF 1.2->3.2 binary compatibility?

4. Looking for USR modem info (model 0481)

5. VMS Binaries <--> DOS Floppies

6. Why more faster windowed mode than fullscreen mode?

7. >>>>>>>> Help with SCA query

8. nested lists

9. Conversion of mail folders VMS -> OSF dxmail

10. OSF/1 V2.0 > OSF/1 V1?

11. A Web Page-->>>Get on the Super Highway->>>