Togethersoft - from Java to UML

Post by gcart » Wed, 30 Jul 2003 22:39:10

Can someone give me the steps or point to the steps that will tell me
how to create URL from existing Java code, using Togethersoft? Will
this also create use cases or collaboration cases for my source code?
I need these also. If not, is there an easy way to go from the URL to
use/collaboration cases?

Thanks,
gc

Post by Robert E. Newb » Wed, 30 Jul 2003 23:05:48

> Can someone give me the steps or point to the steps that will tell me
> how to create URL from existing Java code, using Togethersoft? Will
> this also create use cases or collaboration cases for my source code?
> I need these also. If not, is there an easy way to go from the URL to
> use/collaboration cases?

> Thanks,
> gc

For questions like this I'd take advantage of the Together newsgroups
hosted by Borland (which now owns the product).  See
http://info.borland.com/newsgroups/ng_together.html.

By the way, you twice wrote "URL" when I am sure you meant to write
"UML".

Bob
--
Robert E. Newby

Principal Software Engineer
Vestmark, Inc.
500 Edgewater Drive, Suite 564
Wakefield, Massachusetts 01880 USA

Post by gcart » Thu, 31 Jul 2003 01:24:22

> > Can someone give me the steps or point to the steps that will tell me
> > how to create URL from existing Java code, using Togethersoft? Will
> > this also create use cases or collaboration cases for my source code?
> > I need these also. If not, is there an easy way to go from the URL to
> > use/collaboration cases?

> > Thanks,
> > gc

> For questions like this I'd take advantage of the Together newsgroups
> hosted by Borland (which now owns the product).  See
> http://info.borland.com/newsgroups/ng_together.html.

> By the way, you twice wrote "URL" when I am sure you meant to write
> "UML".

> Bob

Done. You're right I meant UML.
Thanks,
gc

1. [U-L] uniface-java-migration] UNIFACE to UML

Hi,

I'm interested when you say you can move the 'Business Rules' out of Uniface
in UML/Java.
What do you mean, in Uniface terms by business rules, are you talking about
Entity/Field attributes? Trigger Code? Forms / Services proc code?

I've used the JAFFA project (http://jaffa.sf.net or more specifically
http://jaffa.sourceforge.net/howto/tools/uniface/unifaceDomainTool.htm) to
move the model to Java, which also infers UML when viewed with Together
Control Center, but i'm interested in moving out the busniess logic too. So
without giving too much away how do you extract the business logic and what
UML diagrams do you use to represent it? Are you extracting it to XMI such
that any UML tool can load it.

Thanks

PaulE

2. Object Desktop 2.0 Discussion

3. [uniface-java-migration] UNIFACE to UML

4. What's the difference??

5. Pollen UML-GUI Designer : Generator of Java Swing GUI - Beta test

6. Remotely Tripping X-10 Security Console

7. Tool to generate UML diagram for java code

8. Anyone got INFEDIT.EXE ?

9. New UML-based Modeling Tool for Java

10. Pollen UML-GUI Designer : Generator of Java Swing GUI - Beta test

11. C++ --> UML --> Java Reverse Engineer.

12. New UML Tool for Java Now Shipping

13. [uniface-java-migration] UNIFACE to UML