Help! Need LXY22 cable pinouts!

Post by John H Maxwe » Thu, 07 Jul 1994 05:55:06

Hello Everybody,
   I have had a problem finding a cable for my LXY22 (aka Printronix P-600)
printer. I have gone 'round and 'round with DEC to get the correct part
number for over a month and I'm still not sure if this is the correct part.
The number that they gave me is 70-09087-30 and they cost $285 each with
a policy of *no return* for incorrectly ordered parts! That, I feel, is
a bit harsh for a company that cannot even guarantee that this is the
correct part!
   What I'm looking for is the cable that connects from the M7258 (LP/LS-11)
Unibus interface to the LXY22 parallel DB-50 connector. I have been given
the pinouts for the BC27A cable (specified as the correct part in the
User's Guide), however this cable has a DB-37 connector on the interface
end. I still don't have the cable pinouts for the cable (that DEC _believes_
is a 70-16560-xx, $209!) to connect the interface (M7258) the the DB-37
on the BC27A cable.
   Is there somebody out there that can help me? I have a vendor willing
to build the cable at a reasonable price if they can get the pinouts. Is
there a way to borrow a cable for a few weeks and return it, intact, of
course, after it has been pinned-out? Can somebody pin it out and let
me know so I can pass it along to my vendor?
   Without the cable, this (albeit free) printer is basically a rather
large doorstop that just prints a test pattern (but prints it very nicely!)

   Posted responses or e-mail welcomed.

   Thanks much, in advance, and cheers,

Post by Lee Havema » Tue, 12 Jul 1994 23:29:17

> Hello Everybody,
>    I have had a problem finding a cable for my LXY22 (aka Printronix P-600)
> printer. I have gone 'round and 'round with DEC to get the correct part
> number for over a month and I'm still not sure if this is the correct part.
> The number that they gave me is 70-09087-30 and they cost $285 each with
> a policy of *no return* for incorrectly ordered parts! That, I feel, is
> a bit harsh for a company that cannot even guarantee that this is the
> correct part!
>    What I'm looking for is the cable that connects from the M7258 (LP/LS-11)
> Unibus interface to the LXY22 parallel DB-50 connector. I have been given
> the pinouts for the BC27A cable (specified as the correct part in the
> User's Guide), however this cable has a DB-37 connector on the interface
> end. I still don't have the cable pinouts for the cable (that DEC _believes_
> is a 70-16560-xx, $209!) to connect the interface (M7258) the the DB-37
> on the BC27A cable.
>    Is there somebody out there that can help me? I have a vendor willing
> to build the cable at a reasonable price if they can get the pinouts. Is
> there a way to borrow a cable for a few weeks and return it, intact, of
> course, after it has been pinned-out? Can somebody pin it out and let
> me know so I can pass it along to my vendor?
>    Without the cable, this (albeit free) printer is basically a rather
> large doorstop that just prints a test pattern (but prints it very nicely!)

>    Posted responses or e-mail welcomed.

>    Thanks much, in advance, and cheers,

I still have a couple of the 70-16560 cables* around, if you want one.
(these are 30 ft long.)  Drop me a line if you still need one.

--

 Lee Havemann, Comp Ops Dir.    HSH Associates      (201) 838-3330

 "Any opinions expressed are not necessarily those of anyone else,
  including myself."

1. Help! Need LXY22 (Printer) cable pinouts!

[...]

2. Racing Destruction Set

3. I need the pinout for ECP cables

4. Software Engineer Position

5. LPV11 > Centronics cable or pinouts needed.

6. Product Announcement: Software to test your Web site

7. CGA monitor cable pinout required

8. Advice on GPS, Geographics, & uStation 95

9. Need help with Pinouts for old DEPCA Ethernet Card

10. ISO: pinouts fot a color DECStation 3100 monitor cable

11. Wanted: printcap and cable pinout for DEC LA50-RA printer

12. uVAX-II Console SLU pinout wanted (or BCC08 cable wiring info)

13. Cable pinouts