Gee -I thought IT stuff was done?

Post by Info Junki » Sat, 06 Nov 1999 04:00:00

Why would CA need to ponder a hiring boost for Y2k fixes starting in
Jan 1, 2000 through the first quarter? If all the IT problems are
"fixed". Why would CA spend the money? How could it "guess" it would
spend $6 million?

"For its own systems, ...(CA) estimates its costs preparing for
potential problems associated with the century date change will be about
$30 million -- the vast majority of it having already been paid." The
money has been spent. Has the code been "fixed", and tested and IV&Ved"?

http://www.techweb.com/wire/story/reuters/REU19991103S0004

Since "(t)he company markets an array of enterprise management,
information management, and business application software products to a
host of manufacturing, financial services, and insurance companies, as
well as hospitals, educational institutions, and government agencies",
does that mean all of these may be "at risk"?

(FWIW, IT software is the least important of my concerns. If CA is
"obvious" in it's assessment, what about those non-IT systems?)

--
How do know where you're going if you don't know where you've been?

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

1. Gee, If You Think 39 Weeks Severance Pay is Bad...

These folks take a real grim approach to downsizing and restructuring,
don't they?

KIEV, June 23 (AFP) - Elderly people in eastern Ukraine who have
not received pension payments for five months have been offered free
coffins as an alternative.

One 70-year-old woman from the Soumi region complained she did
not need a coffin to be told by officials it would be a good idea to
accept the offer "as there is no money", the daily Facti newspaper
reported Tuesday.

2. Numeric keyboard win2k with Terninal Server

3. OT: Is this rational, or am I correct in thinking of the 1920's?

4. Emulators to run on a PLAYSTATION?

5. Wanted: I am Looking for a DOS application development program called Hyperpad

6. More than 64 chars in filenams on CDs ??

7. I am doing a review but need more info for judging it properly and completely.

8. W2K And Winnt 4.0 Server AD?

9. What I am doing about y2k for now

10. Wow, I am glad that I am not responsible for any more PC's.....

11. I am damned if I do, and I am damned if I don't

12. Banks looking for mainframers...I thought they were done?!?

13. Doom: It’s a growth industry