cvs - kerberos4 - wincvs

Post by NN » Tue, 08 Feb 2000 04:00:00

Is there anybody who set up a LINUX CVS-server with kerberos
authentication+encryption AND  set up Windows NT-clients with any GUI for
CVS (e.g wincvs)?

What I want to do is: setting up a LINUX Server with a CVS repository. Users
have to log in from NT-Boxes and authenticate themselves using kerberos4
(www.pdc.kth.se/kth-krb)!
How do I set up the kerberos Server, and, more important: how do I set up
the NT-Boxes?
I think i read all docs and faqs, but a "how to really do it" would be very
helpfull... (eg. put this file there, and edit it like that.....) so to
speak a foolproof-how to...
thanks for your help!!!!!

1. sharing with wincvs/cvs

Hi,

I want to put the same file in different projects. With VSS I 'share' the
file between all these projects. Is there a similar command in wincvs/cvs or
what can I do instead?

I have to develope on more than one PC. First I make the main developement
on my own PC, then I do the further programming on the machine I develope
for. Therefore I have to check in my changes on one place and to check out
on the other. But I want to have my own 'playground' in the source control
database, not disturbing the other developers in my group.
Is there a chance to do it with wincvs/cvs or is there a better tool.
We are now working with VSS but we decided to change.

Benedikt

2. Maximum string size recommeded for loading document from string

3. How to use cvs (winCVS) across a proxy server (using proxy.pac)

4. yet another DNS resolution question ... on the Urgent side.

5. problem creating new repository using WinCVS connecting to Linux CVS Server

6. 6L vs 820C

7. WinCVS Auth Error connecting to CVS pserver in xinet on RH7

8. A graphic representing tool

9. cvs 1.10.5/WinCVS 1.1b16: Files in limbo

10. Q: cvs/wincvs: simple packing list

11. How to set HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\CVS\Pserver in WinCVS server

12. Code used in different projects (CVS/WinCVS)

13. WinCVS, SSH, CVS from NT to Solaris problem