New Mailing List Available

Post by Skip Tayl » Thu, 17 Sep 1998 04:00:00

I have started a new email list that is voice recognition oriented.
All users of any and all programs are welcome!!

The list IS NOT and WILL NOT be commercial!!

Give it a try sometime!

New Mailing List Available

Post by Skip Tayl » Fri, 18 Sep 1998 04:00:00

I have started a new email list that is voice recognition oriented.
All users of any and all voice recognition or control programs are
welcome!!

Try it, you might like it!

New Mailing List Available

Post by Martin Marko » Mon, 21 Sep 1998 04:00:00

Skip,

Quoted below is your message on this Newsgroup. Below that is an important
message to all people thinking about subscribing. I would be interested in
hearing what other people on this Newsgroup think of joining a list
moderated by a person who changes a subscribers password (their mother's
name) to, well read below if you want to know.

>I have started a new email list that is voice recognition oriented.
>All users of any and all programs are welcome!!
>The list IS NOT and WILL NOT be commercial!!
>Give it a try sometime!

I registered on VoiceGroup last week. Today, on attempt to log on it
said my password was incorrect. The hint for the forgotten password was "My
mother's name." When no version of that was accepted I requested the
Password be E-mailed.

The following e-mails were received within minutes. If this is the
personality of the people running this new list I would like to hear how you
can justify asking people to join this list?

Anyone desiring forwarding the original e-mails to them should request them.
If Skip Taylor and or Enrique are managing these lists I suggest they call
me by land line and offer a solid explanation.

Here goes:
Hello,

Your ONElist password is 'shitforbrains'

(ignore the apostrophes at the beginning and end of the password).

The ONElist Staff

Hello,

This is an automatic notification message sent to tell you that your

moderator.

ONElist
http://www.onelist.com
--
Martin Markoe, SCCS, Inc. (Speech Controlled Computer Systems)
Resellers of Fine Microphones

--

-------
Martin Markoe, SCCS, Inc. (Speech Controlled Computer Systems)

New Mailing List Available

Post by Martin Marko » Mon, 21 Sep 1998 04:00:00

To All,

Quote:

>All is well.  The problem came from someone using his account on
>OneList to 'capture' this group and lock me out as moderator.  This
>happened early on.  It's a long story, suffice to say it's ok now and
>he knows what all went on to get us here.

>Martin will be explaining this later to all of you himself.

Skip Taylor did landline me and after speaking to him I do believe it was a
*Space error. Skip thought the new password would be picked up by the
intruder not me and he denied access to the original account.

All is forgiven. I look forward to meeting current and new friends on the
new list as it grows.

--
Martin Markoe, SCCS, Inc. (Speech Controlled Computer Systems)
Resellers of Fine Microphones
See us at: http://www.veryComputer.com/

1. Sanger's Review -- text version of mailing list now available

Dear all,

Due to popular demand (as well as considerable whining), I've established a
second e-mail list to which I'll post a TEXT-ONLY (no HTML) version of the
list.  The text-only version will be pretty much the same as the mailing
list has always been.

If the "test" message I sent you last night was very hard to read, you
should probably subscribe to the text-only version (and unsubscribe from
the HTML version).  How do you do that?  Like this...

To subscribe to the text-only version of SR: send a blank (or any) e-mail

To unsubscribe from the HTML version of SR: send a blank (or any) e-mail to

That's it!

We aims to please.

Regards,
Larry Sanger

2. Dsclient and ad DFS roots

3. The X*Press mailing list has moved to a new host

4. Boot delay.

5. new mailing list for Unisys

6. Internal IDE anyone?

7. new mailing list "Machine Learning for User Modeling"

8. New Email Address

9. new mailing list anthro-design-l

10. New mailing list for "Alternative Keyboards

11. New mailing list for "Alternative Keyboards"

12. New mailing list: VERSION-CONTROL

13. new y2k mail list