Starion 950 with 3rd party video (ATI all in wonder)

Starion 950 with 3rd party video (ATI all in wonder)

Post by Stephen Naidyhorsk » Mon, 28 Jul 1997 04:00:00

I am hoping someone can assist me with a problem.... I have the Starion
950 and have purchased an ATI board. I expected to come home and disable
the on board s3 chipset either in the bios or with a jumper move. I feel
fairly certain that it is not possible through the bios after trying
that. I am still hoping that a jumper move is possible. I have not been
able to find the jumper (if it exists). The documentation is less than
detailed in respect to the motherboard and its settings options.

 I have tried the simple method of just installing the board and hoping
the bios detects it rather than the integrated chipset..no luck. I did
read another post where a user had the 910. From what I gather, he was
able to just install a matrox board and the system worked fine. Except
that win95 device manager still showed the integrated chipset..which I
find unexceptable in my case. But as it stands this approach will not
even work..and quite frankly would have been surprised if it did.

1. ATI's All in Wonder card and DEC Starion 942

Has anyone used ATI's All in Wonder card with a Digital Starion 942(or
9xx) machine?  Before I buy the card I want to see if there are any know
compatibility issues.  Thanks.

Steve Duran

2. Good portables for Warp?

3. Starion 950

4. Upgrading Magic and MagiCMac in USA

5. connecting a televideo 950 to a vax through a modem

6. Password changes

7. Manuals for *OLD* Televideo 950

8. SOFTWARE BARGAINS!

9. Free check-ins or stable check-ins?

10. New, retail ATI Radeon 8500 Video Card

11. ATI video display driver