How to add a VC project under ClearCase control

How to add a VC project under ClearCase control

Post by Lian » Thu, 14 Nov 2002 19:55:31

I want to add a VC project into version control system, but I don't want to
add its intermediate files, as .opt etc. So, how to do this? or what kinds
of project file is essential?

Thanks/Liang

How to add a VC project under ClearCase control

Post by Phill » Fri, 15 Nov 2002 00:56:35

Liang,

Try this:
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q156/5/13.asp

A word of warning though - beware of code that doesn't
compile!  Navigation around a VC++ project requires a
browse information file (.bsc is the extension, IIRC).  If you
don't store this in your VC system (and it *is* a binary file),
your code **must** compile cleanly.  If the file is missing,
VC++ has to recompile the code to regenerate it and if the
code won't compile, you might as well do your coding in
Notepad...

HTH,
    Phill  W.

Quote:> I want to add a VC project into version control system, but I don't
want to
> add its intermediate files, as .opt etc. So, how to do this? or what
kinds
> of project file is essential?

How to add a VC project under ClearCase control

Post by Lian » Tue, 19 Nov 2002 11:53:49

thanks very much.

> Liang,

> Try this:
> http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q156/5/13.asp

> A word of warning though - beware of code that doesn't
> compile!  Navigation around a VC++ project requires a
> browse information file (.bsc is the extension, IIRC).  If you
> don't store this in your VC system (and it *is* a binary file),
> your code **must** compile cleanly.  If the file is missing,
> VC++ has to recompile the code to regenerate it and if the
> code won't compile, you might as well do your coding in
> Notepad...

> HTH,
>     Phill  W.

> > I want to add a VC project into version control system, but I don't
> want to
> > add its intermediate files, as .opt etc. So, how to do this? or what
> kinds
> > of project file is essential?

1. Clearcase question - adding to release of software to clearcase controlled tree

hi,

Is it possible to use the clearcvt_unix utility to install a new release of a 3rd party software
package into a clearcase tree which holds the previous release. Ideally I would like a new version
of each element to be created on the main branch. I could then do a merge from our modified branches
onto a new modified branch (I think?).

thanks for your help,
dave monachello

2. Accessing password protected web page through firewall-1

3. VC project control

4. GetSystemTime does not report milliseconds on iPAQ?

5. Error adding Requisite Pro project to source control

6. formatting floppy disk with MS Dos system for Norton Ghost

7. Announcing ClearCase VC 2.1 (emacs-ClearCase integration)

8. Money 2006 won't install

9. version control for NTEmacs, was: VC and RCS?

10. VCS-UX Version Control

11. To Don Hinton : Win-32 what should be the correct Project Settings on VC 7

12. How to manage big projects with VCS?

13. Clearcase NT with VC++