Can′t boot a PDP 11/83 with a RQDX3

Post by Wolfgang Siemen » Sun, 27 Sep 1998 04:00:00

Hi folks,
I have a problem with the combination of my PDP11-boards. I have a 11/83
CPU and a RQDX3 controller. Im not able to boot on a RX50 disc-drive.
Furthermore the board doesnt detect the harddisc.The system software shows
the message "trying to boot on DU3:" and breaks off after a while.
What is wrong?
Who has an descrition of the board and the jump positions?

If you can help me, please answere in this group or send a mail to

Yours faithfully,

Wolfgang Siemens

1. Question about PDP-11/83 running RSX11M

I'm not that familiar with older DEC hardware, so I apologize in
advance if this is a dumb question.  In my father-in-law's factory is
a machine tool whose controller is a PDP-11/83 running RSX11M 4.2.
It's getting less and less reliable and the local DEC field engineers
seem to have more and more trouble fixing it.  Porting the controller
software to another platform is prohibitively expensive, which brings
me to my question:

Does DEC still sell anything that would be backward compatible with
this hardware/OS platform?  Failing that, is there any compatible
hardware more recent (and reliable) that he could try to find on the
street?

Thanks for any information.

--
Matt Larson
Corporate Network Services, Hewlett-Packard Company

2. setting up sendmail for UUCP access ...

3. pdp-11/53/60/83/84

4. Way to go!!!

5. PDP-11/83 looking for good home

6. C# + WebService + XMLHttpRequest + Exchange

7. Inquiry: Info about DEC PDP 11/83

8. ActiveSync works only once...

9. Unix or Ultrix on a Micro Dec PDP-11/83

10. Info on 11/83 versus 11/84 memory boards wanted.

11. 11/83 help sought

12. ** FS DEC PDP-11 card cages/ MINC card set/ Micro PDP-11 card set

13. Boot up default device change to PDP 11/44