VT-100 terminals

Post by kyle donalf smit » Thu, 10 Jun 1999 04:00:00

Hello. I am looking for anyone who has a VT-100 terminal that they have
and are trying to get rid of as I am in desperite need on one. Please
email me directly if you have one to sell, or know of anyone. Thanks a
lot!
-=-=-=
kyle donald system
systems and network engineer
community internet access, inc

VT-100 terminals

Post by Ma » Fri, 11 Jun 1999 04:00:00

Quote:

>Hello. I am looking for anyone who has a VT-100 terminal that they have
>and are trying to get rid of as I am in desperite need on one. Please
>email me directly if you have one to sell, or know of anyone. Thanks a
>lot!

Must it be a VT100?  Would Kermit on a PC work?  Easier to find
and maintain.  Anywat are you near Lexington KY?  If so I might
have a spare VT220.  I don't have any VT100s.

Max

| Max Froedge                                      Two wrongs do not |

| HTTP://home.worldnet.att.net/~pdp11              But three lefts   |
| HTTP://www.geocities.com/capecanaveral/5517      Do!               |

VT-100 terminals

Post by Simon P. Coom » Sun, 13 Jun 1999 04:00:00

> >Hello. I am looking for anyone who has a VT-100 terminal that they have
> >and are trying to get rid of as I am in desperite need on one. Please
> >email me directly if you have one to sell, or know of anyone. Thanks a
> >lot!

There are quite a lot of people in your country who deal in second-hand
DEC hardware, who can probably supply you with a VT fairly inexpensively.
Altavista would probably be a good place to start. It's also worth
knowing that the VT200's, VT300's, VT420 and VT500's terminals should
work identically as well, unless you're relying on some freak of
firmware in the VT100, or just prefer the aesthetics of it! >:)

Quote:> Must it be a VT100?  Would Kermit on a PC work?  Easier to find
> and maintain.  Anywat are you near Lexington KY?  If so I might
> have a spare VT220.  I don't have any VT100s.

A PC that's easier to maintain that a dumb terminal? Where? I'll take
twenty! >:)

Simon Coombs.

--
Spammers - remove email address before replying.

1. File Capture of VT-100 Terminal Session

I have an instrument which does a POST (PowerOnSelfTest) to a VT-100.  I am
using MS Windows for the terminal emulation and capturing
the text in a receive file.  Interspersed among the meaningful
text though are all the control sequences that would be sent
to a VT-100 terminal.  Now the screen images are fine, but the captured
text has all the control sequences.

Does any one know how to filter out all the control sequences
that is captured by the file?  I would like to print out the file
without those sequences.  Thanks for your help.

I HAVE posted this to comp.os.ms-windows.apps.comm previously, but
received no answers.  I thought I'd try the DEC end.

2. tags / how can you attach a tag to a cell so

3. NEED VT-100, VT-220 and VT-320 keyboard/escape code mapping

4. How to get more speed out of my 28.8 modem

5. FS: DECServer 100 terminal servers, VT terminals

6. power management

7. FS- DEC PRO 350 (PDP-11) w/ VT-100 and LA-50

8. Localizer 1 or Localizer 2

9. HELP for "Transmit Device Attributes" for VT-100

10. NEED INFO: Selanar VT-100 graphics board

11. Escape sequences for VT-100 wanted.. (Undocumented ones!)

12. Looking for VT-100 escape sequences listing.

13. Info needed on "proper" vt-100 emulation...