querying name bindings registered in the Tao Name Service

querying name bindings registered in the Tao Name Service

Post by Studen » Wed, 02 Jul 2003 07:07:57

Hello,

I am using ACE 5.2.1 + TAO 1.2.1 on Win2000 (and VC++).

One question:
1) Is there a way to find out the name bindings (or the naming graph)
   for the Names-versus-Proxies registered in the Tao name service ?
   (may be a dump of textual representation of the bindings similar to
    unix pathname format would be fine).

Bill

Post by Steve Totte » Wed, 02 Jul 2003 07:36:18

> Hello,

> I am using ACE 5.2.1 + TAO 1.2.1 on Win2000 (and VC++).

That's a rather old version of ACE+TAO.  You should consider
upgrading.  However, my answer below still applies to the
version you are working with.

Quote:> One question:
> 1) Is there a way to find out the name bindings (or the naming graph)
>    for the Names-versus-Proxies registered in the Tao name service ?
>    (may be a dump of textual representation of the bindings similar to
>     unix pathname format would be fine).

> Bill

Take a look at $TAO_ROOT/utils/nslist/.

Steve
  Steve Totten, Principal Software Engineer
  Object Computing, Inc. (OCI)
  http://www.ociweb.com/  http://www.theaceorb.com/