Going out of business. Top Quality food going cheap!

Going out of business. Top Quality food going cheap!

Post by Bob Broc » Mon, 28 Aug 2000 04:00:00

Thought there may be some interest in this ng...

>My partner and I started Survivall Products a year and a half ago to
>provide people with food and supplies for man made and natural
>disasters.  This were going really well until the last few month when
>we have decided to go our seperate ways and close down the business.

>We have some inventory left and if you are interested please see our
>auctions on ebay

>http://cgi6.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?MfcISAPICommand=ViewListedI...

>variety of food available.  (no scrampled eggs left).

>Please don't order directly from the site as this will be charged out
>at full retail price.

>www.survivall.com

>887-630-3663

>Thanks

>Ryan

Going out of business. Top Quality food going cheap!

Post by ra d » Mon, 28 Aug 2000 04:00:00

<snip>(no scrampled eggs left). <snip>

cute...scram-pled .... like in 'scram' (Bug Out...for the hills)...;-O

Going out of business. Top Quality food going cheap!

Post by Bob Broc » Mon, 28 Aug 2000 04:00:00

Quote:><snip>(no scrampled eggs left). <snip>

>cute...scram-pled .... like in 'scram' (Bug Out...for the hills)...;-O

Just another seller of food packaged for long term storage folding up
now that the FUD is gone.  Got caught with all that stock they gotta
get rid of.

Bidding remains at 0 for all the items.  Yup, there's a real survival
food shortage, but it's not the food that's in short supply.  It's
buyers.  The 3 months kit goes for $70 and shipping is $70.  Perhaps
if they lowered it a little and paid shipping costs, it would be a
good deal.

Anyway, some in the ng were telling us how they had eaten all their
Y2k supplies and how yummy it was for the tummy.  I just thought I'd
show them where they can get some more nitrogen packed groceries.

Oh yeah, that's right, all the doomers were predicting that Y2k foods
would be selling on e-bay for 20 cents on the dollar by the middle of
2000.  All this talk about how they predicted bad things is just polly
revisionism.  Isn't it?

Going out of business. Top Quality food going cheap!

Post by ra d » Mon, 28 Aug 2000 04:00:00

'twould be interesting to have the stats on generator bid/offer/sales
for each month over the past 2 years...see if there is/was a plethora of
post Rollover generator fire sales...;

when you run a Scare'em or Ponzi or MLM scheme, the first rule is to get
out on the way up or before the market is saturated...and the way up
endpoint for Y2K was Clearly Demarcated....D,oh ;-O

the (one and only) Y2K/survivalist store herabouts was barely visible
before Rollover, only open 1-2 hrs per day a coupla days a week in a
moribund collapsing mall (rent almost free ?)...and then after the
Rollover,Poof...totally gone...;

//

Going out of business. Top Quality food going cheap!

Post by Joe Car » Tue, 29 Aug 2000 04:00:00

I wonder if the eggs are as scrambled as the y2k problem was supposed to be?

>Thought there may be some interest in this ng...

>>My partner and I started Survivall Products a year and a half ago to
>>provide people with food and supplies for man made and natural
>>disasters.  This were going really well until the last few month when
>>we have decided to go our seperate ways and close down the business.

>>We have some inventory left and if you are interested please see our
>>auctions on ebay

>>http://cgi6.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?MfcISAPICommand=ViewListedI...

userid=pennryan&include=0&since=-1&sort=2&rows=25

>>variety of food available.  (no scrampled eggs left).

>>Please don't order directly from the site as this will be charged out
>>at full retail price.

>>www.survivall.com

>>887-630-3663

>>Thanks

>>Ryan

Going out of business. Top Quality food going cheap!

Post by c.c.sbtuf.. » Wed, 30 Aug 2000 15:46:11

Gee, I see some people are still posting here a lot!!  I figured this
group'ld be all spam by now!

> Anyway, some in the ng were telling us how they had eaten all their
> Y2k supplies and how yummy it was for the tummy.  I just thought I'd
> show them where they can get some more nitrogen packed groceries.

Thanks for the info - winter's coming, and it's fire season now.  My
canned goods are mostly gone, and I'm looking for a more diverse stock,
plus rotation.

Quote:> Oh yeah, that's right, all the doomers were predicting that Y2k foods
> would be selling on e-bay for 20 cents on the dollar by the middle of
> 2000.  All this talk about how they predicted bad things is just polly
> revisionism.  Isn't it?

Bobby, get a life.  I said it then, and I'll say it now: preparedness is
always important.

                                        Ravan
--
Ravan Asteris           rasteris / at \ rahul / dot \ net
(squish "/ and \" to make symbols like "&")

Post by Pro News/2 Us » Wed, 30 Aug 2000 04:00:00

> Thought there may be some interest in this ng...

> >My partner and I started Survivall Products a year and a half ago to
> >provide people with food and supplies for man made and natural
> >disasters.

Yes, thanks Bob,

I am interested if they have premium Albacore tuna for 60-70 cents a
can, Mary Kitchen hash for 80-90 cents, vienna sausages, Campbells
Chunky soups, Barilla pasta and sauce, spam, etc.  I'd pay 50 percent of
the regular store prices.

Before someone goes off on the spam - Hawaiian 7-11's sell a
delicious "spam sushi".  It's part of a well balanced breakfast, Kona
coffee, malasadas, and spam sushi, the four essential food groups,
sugar, fried dough, salt, lard.

These items are on sale at Giant Food or Safeway about every other
month.  Half off is a *good* sale price.  75 cents on the dollar is an
average sale.  I've allowed my inventories of these items to drop below
normal levels, 1-3 weeks on the shelf.

I'd like to build them back up to over a month.  That'd be 8 cans of
tuna, 24 cans of Chunky soups, 10 lbs of pasta, 20 jars of pasta sauce
(sometimes I pour pasta sauce over rice or use it as feeder stock for
sloppy joes.)

I'm not interested in "freeze dried" food, MRE's, or nitrogen packed
soybeans.

--
cory hamasaki

Going out of business. Top Quality food going cheap!

Post by ra d » Wed, 30 Aug 2000 04:00:00

cory wrote <snip>the four essential food groups, sugar, fried dough,
salt, lard. <snip>

or more properly, the cholesterol maximisation super group...hope you
drank from the good end of the gene pool....;-)

remember, the True Test of a Big Iron sys programmer is to be able to
drink cold coffee from a styrofoam cup that has a cigarette *in it,
and Not notice ...;-O

Going out of business. Top Quality food going cheap!

Post by Bob Broc » Wed, 30 Aug 2000 04:00:00

Quote:>Gee, I see some people are still posting here a lot!!  I figured this
>group'ld be all spam by now!

Well, just another thing that you got wrong...

>> Anyway, some in the ng were telling us how they had eaten all their
>> Y2k supplies and how yummy it was for the tummy.  I just thought I'd
>> show them where they can get some more nitrogen packed groceries.

>Thanks for the info - winter's coming, and it's fire season now.  My
>canned goods are mostly gone, and I'm looking for a more diverse stock,
>plus rotation.

Well, unless you are just going to talk about it, you need to make a
bid.  Bidding remains at zero.  Here is a hint.  If you want to buy
it, you have to make a bid.

That is unless it's all talk.

Quote:

>> Oh yeah, that's right, all the doomers were predicting that Y2k foods
>> would be selling on e-bay for 20 cents on the dollar by the middle of
>> 2000.  All this talk about how they predicted bad things is just polly
>> revisionism.  Isn't it?

>Bobby, get a life.  I said it then, and I'll say it now: preparedness is
>always important.

Like I said then and like I'll say now, without an adequate threat
analysis you don't know what to prepare for.  Take Y2k for example.
Big waste of time and money for a lot of people.  I think it strained
a few relationships too.

Do a good threat analysis and prepare for likely events.  Leave the
more esoteric TEOTWAWKI events to the nut cases with a
political/religious ax to grind.

See the archives for examples.

Happy bidding.  I'll keep looking for your bid to show up.

Post by c.c.sbtuf.. » Mon, 04 Sep 2000 19:34:24

> >Gee, I see some people are still posting here a lot!!  I figured this
> >group'ld be all spam by now!
> Well, just another thing that you got wrong...

As if I care.

Quote:> >Thanks for the info - winter's coming, and it's fire season now.  My
> >canned goods are mostly gone, and I'm looking for a more diverse stock,
> >plus rotation.
> Well, unless you are just going to talk about it, you need to make a
> bid.  Bidding remains at zero.  Here is a hint.  If you want to buy
> it, you have to make a bid.

If I buy from them.  As it was, I went grocery shopping at my favorite
restaurant/bulk goods store.

Quote:> That is unless it's all talk.

No, that's your gig.

Quote:> >> Oh yeah, that's right, all the doomers were predicting that Y2k foods
> >> would be selling on e-bay for 20 cents on the dollar by the middle of
> >> 2000.  All this talk about how they predicted bad things is just polly
> >> revisionism.  Isn't it?

> >Bobby, get a life.  I said it then, and I'll say it now: preparedness is
> >always important.
> Like I said then and like I'll say now, without an adequate threat
> analysis you don't know what to prepare for.  Take Y2k for example.
> Big waste of time and money for a lot of people.  I think it strained
> a few relationships too.

That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen from you.  Good preparedness is
flexible for multiple kinds of disaasters, not single threat longshots.

Quote:> Do a good threat analysis and prepare for likely events.  Leave the
> more esoteric TEOTWAWKI events to the nut cases with a
> political/religious ax to grind.

Likely major events in my area, gauged by over ten years actual
experience: earthquake, fire, floods.  Minor events: friends homeless,
and personal unemployment.

Quote:> Happy bidding.  I'll keep looking for your bid to show up.

A) Do you really think I'd post with my real name??  You wouldn't know my
bid if you saw it.

                        Ravan, laughing at the silly idiot
--

Post by Bob Broc » Mon, 04 Sep 2000 22:35:26

>> >Gee, I see some people are still posting here a lot!!  I figured this
>> >group'ld be all spam by now!

>> Well, just another thing that you got wrong...

>As if I care.

Apparently you're right since you are so adept at doing it again and
again.  Practice makes perfect.

Quote:

>> >Thanks for the info - winter's coming, and it's fire season now.  My
>> >canned goods are mostly gone, and I'm looking for a more diverse stock,
>> >plus rotation.

>> Well, unless you are just going to talk about it, you need to make a
>> bid.  Bidding remains at zero.  Here is a hint.  If you want to buy
>> it, you have to make a bid.

>If I buy from them.  As it was, I went grocery shopping at my favorite
>restaurant/bulk goods store.

The you didn't need the info after all did you?

Quote:

>> That is unless it's all talk.

>No, that's your gig.

And "getting it wrong" is yours.

Quote:

>> >Bobby, get a life.  I said it then, and I'll say it now: preparedness is
>> >always important.

>> Like I said then and like I'll say now, without an adequate threat
>> analysis you don't know what to prepare for.  Take Y2k for example.
>> Big waste of time and money for a lot of people.  I think it strained
>> a few relationships too.

>That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen from you.  Good preparedness is
>flexible for multiple kinds of disaasters, not single threat longshots.

And you're Y2k stand makes survivalists look like a bunch of nuts
because you pushed this "single threat long shot" as far as the dead
horse would carry it.

Quote:

>> Do a good threat analysis and prepare for likely events.  Leave the
>> more esoteric TEOTWAWKI events to the nut cases with a
>> political/religious ax to grind.

>Likely major events in my area, gauged by over ten years actual
>experience: earthquake, fire, floods.  Minor events: friends homeless,
>and personal unemployment.

Don't forget all that time that you pushed Y2k as being in that list.
You screwed up and made survivalists look like a bunch of idiots.

Quote:

>> Happy bidding.  I'll keep looking for your bid to show up.

>A) Do you really think I'd post with my real name??  You wouldn't know my
>bid if you saw it.

Since there were "NO BIDS" on the stuff, I can safely assume that you
didn't bid.  Which part of "0" don't you understand?

So, how many predicted that survival food would be selling for 20
cents on the dollar and no one would want it?

Quote:

>                    Ravan, laughing at the silly idiot

Looking in a mirror or do you carry around a picture of yourself???

Post by NaKaul » Thu, 07 Sep 2000 18:16:59

> Rumor was, my brain-waves were being stolen by Space Aliens so that they
> (the brain-waves) might be implanted into the heads of hack journalists.

That could only improve them, Doc.  Is this a bad thing?

Post by N » Fri, 08 Sep 2000 04:29:02

>> Rumor was, my brain-waves were being stolen by Space Aliens so that they
>> (the brain-waves) might be implanted into the heads of hack journalists.

>That could only improve them, Doc.  Is this a bad thing?

The grammar of your first sentence is ambiguous.  There are four plurals
in the sentence which it addresses (brainwaves, Space Aliens, heads, hack
journalists); which of these are the 'them' to whom you refer?

DD

Post by NaKaul » Sat, 09 Sep 2000 04:00:15

> >> Rumor was, my brain-waves were being stolen by Space Aliens so that they
> >> (the brain-waves) might be implanted into the heads of hack journalists.

> >That could only improve them, Doc.  Is this a bad thing?

> The grammar of your first sentence is ambiguous.  There are four plurals
> in the sentence which it addresses (brainwaves, Space Aliens, heads, hack
> journalists); which of these are the 'them' to whom you refer?

> DD

(Sigh!) I knew this was coming after I posted and thought about WHOM I
was talking.

The reference to 'them' is to the last plural in the sentence... 'hack
journalists'.

(Heaven forbid that we could *improve* on your fine, albeit stolen,
brainwaves!)

Post by N » Sat, 09 Sep 2000 09:35:46

>> >That could only improve them, Doc.  Is this a bad thing?

>> The grammar of your first sentence is ambiguous.  There are four plurals
>> in the sentence which it addresses (brainwaves, Space Aliens, heads, hack
>> journalists); which of these are the 'them' to whom you refer?

>> DD

>(Sigh!) I knew this was coming after I posted and thought about WHOM I
>was talking.

>The reference to 'them' is to the last plural in the sentence... 'hack
>journalists'.

Thanks much for the clarification... but how are my brain-waves going to
improve their short, dry coughings?

Quote:

>(Heaven forbid that we could *improve* on your fine, albeit stolen,
>brainwaves!)

Pfoo... you'se jes' easily impressed.

DD

1. y2k newsarticles going, going, gone?

Here's an updated count of y2k related articles linked from De Jagers site
over the
past two weeks:

Friday 12/31        78
Saturday 1/1        60
Sunday 1/2           53
Monday 1/3        131
Tuesday 1/4         72
Wednesday 1/5   56
Thursday 1/6        50
Friday 1/7             32
Saturday 1/8         21
Sunday 1/9            21
Monday 1/10         59
Tuesday 1/11        12
Wednesday 1/12    2
Thursday 1/13        13
Friday 1/14             10  (down from 78 two weeks ago and 32 last week)

Any estimates for next Friday (1/21)?  I do think the press is losing
interest.

2. Can VS ver 6 C++ libs be used in VS.NET C++ ?

3. First quality survival food, cheap too!

4. How to get a generic SAX driver in SAX2

5. westergaard going, but not gone

6. 10bit yuv

7. Way-to-go! Where do we go?????

8. Alpha VMS crash with current process = smbd_truckin_42

9. Go James go!

10. Are We Back to the Go-Go Days?

11. When Japan Goes, We All go

12. Guenier: One Third Of Britain's TOP Firms Will Go BANKRUPT Over Y2k