Is there a package that acts as a digital multi-track recorder?

Post by Adrian Clar » Sun, 18 Jan 1998 04:00:00

Is there a package that acts as a digital multi-track recorder?

In other words, can I:
- lay down a track from a guitar (sampled) onto track 1.
- lay down a track from another guitar onto track 2.
- lay down an analog synth track on track 3.
etc. etc.
- Mixdown the lot into a stereo song for burning to a CD.

I have seen various packages that use midi and allow the musician to
insert .wav files but this is un-suitable for real-time recording
alongside other tracks.

Are there any reasonably priced packages that do this?

--
Adrian Albin-Clark

Is there a package that acts as a digital multi-track recorder?

Post by Dave McConnel » Sun, 18 Jan 1998 04:00:00

Quote:>Is there a package that acts as a digital multi-track recorder?

>In other words, can I:
>- lay down a track from a guitar (sampled) onto track 1.
>- lay down a track from another guitar onto track 2.
>- lay down an analog synth track on track 3.
>etc. etc.
>- Mixdown the lot into a stereo song for burning to a CD.

>I have seen various packages that use midi and allow the musician to
>insert .wav files but this is un-suitable for real-time recording
>alongside other tracks.

You could have a look at our Digital Mixing Desk at:
                www.glowingcoast.demon.co.uk/audioste.htm

Dave

Post by Harald Eilerts » Mon, 19 Jan 1998 04:00:00

Quote:> Is there a package that acts as a digital multi-track recorder?

There's probably several, but I know CERES sound studio can do this.
(http://www.ceressoft.com). It's available for OS/2, Windows and I
think, Linux. It can record up to 32 separate tracks, and can mix
these down to a normal two-track stereo Wav-file.

You can download a trial version at their web-site.

Take Care!

 Prinsensgt 4b    "Og livet er som denne stille flade - den
 N-7013 Trondheim  speiler luftens lyse farver - den skuler dybet
 Norway            med sitt slim - sine kryb - som d?den - "
                                                      Edward Munch

Post by Phil Robinso » Wed, 28 Jan 1998 04:00:00

>> Is there a package that acts as a digital multi-track recorder?

Wavesync at www.unified-technology.co.uk\wavesync
8 track, shareware.

1. Multi-track Digital Recording

Hello'
Basically , I would like to set up my PC as a digital
multi-track recording station, the only hardware i have at
present is a PC 166 2.5 Gb 32 RAM AWE32 sound card
I would like to be able to combine midi tracks and live guitar
tracks etc and to be able to record these on my stereo system.
Could you please tell me what additional harware , if any that I
need , I know that I may need a simple Midi keyboard but do I
need any other hardware or software.....Thanks A.S

2. Trouble with my cannon BJ-10ex !! HELP

3. problems with full-duplex multi-track digital recording...

4. Map a share resource in another machine running Win95?

5. PC as a Multi Track Recorder

6. small cups problem

7. recording sound with a multi track recorder on a mac

8. Windows XP Problem

9. Multi-Track splitting hardware/software

10. Mac multi-track and drum machine software

11. Multi-track hard disk recording on Mac Powerbooks

12. ANN: ASM Audio multi-track sample composer available...