Looking for software advise.

Post by Hugo Villeneu » Fri, 25 Jul 2003 01:37:17

Hello. I am a newbi in music software and  I am starting to program
with MIDI. I am looking for a simple type of application that will do
this :

-       Trigger sound file (like wave)  on a MIDI message ON.

-       I would like to be able to set a different wave file per note (not
one wave by channel) OR have one wave by channel and each note will
change the wave pitch.

-       I need to be able to Trigger more then one wave file at the same
time (by sending 2 NOTE_ON messages on different channel)

What will be the type of application I am looing for : a softsynth ?
brum machine ? I have the application FruityLoop but I can not trigger
more then one wave file at the same time ( chaning channel through
MIDI turns off all other notes ).

Any advise or suggestion will be welcome.

Looking for software advise.

Post by Angelo Fraiett » Wed, 30 Jul 2003 12:37:28

Are you using PC?

If yes, Algorithmic Composer Will do it
http://www.geocities.com/AlgorithmicComposer

--
Angelo Fraietta
Home Page

Note:Remove NoSPAM to email me

1. Looking for "advise" type of program

I am interested in some programs that allow a priviledged user to watch
another user's terminal, and/or (especially AND) to allow the prived user
to type things on the other users screen, as if he was sitting there next
to the non-prived user.

For example, if a student were to send me mail about some error, instead
of having them come to my office (oftentimes they are offsite users) I
could "advise" thier terminal, have them re-create the error, and see
exactally what the problem is, and possibly fix the problem on the spot.

I know commercial products like this exist, but are there any floating
around in the public domain?

Thanks!
--
//==========================================================================\\

||      strictly unauthorized."       ||   Office:  (312) 567-5981          ||
\\==========================================================================//

2. can't reformat 720K disks as 800K

3. Advise on speech software for graphics apps?

4. JED Numeric keypad problem

5. please advise on new career in software engineering

6. no connection

7. Advise on Computer School

8. cd rom problems? Please Advise.

9. Macintosh: database/networking advise sought

10. Advise Sought on Establshing a Unix Test Center at my Firm

11. advise on personal unix system