development large scale software project

development large scale software project

Post by Piotr Gny » Fri, 01 Aug 2003 05:45:26

Hello

I search information about software engineering methodology of
development large scale software project.
Does anybody knows any websites or articles concern this problem.
I've found many things about software engineering and methodologies
of manage software projects but they deal with about small and medium
project.
I'll be grateful for any information.

Piotr Gny?

Post by ross » Fri, 01 Aug 2003 18:14:47

> Hello

> I search information about software engineering methodology of
> development large scale software project.
> Does anybody knows any websites or articles concern this problem.
> I've found many things about software engineering and methodologies
> of manage software projects but they deal with about small and medium
> project.
> I'll be grateful for any information.

> Piotr Gny?

Try "incremental iterative development" as a search in Google.

As someone who has been involved in several gigantic projects, that
seem to have taken too many years of my life, my advice would be
"Don't do it". Break it up into smaller projects, with well defined
interfaces - repeat recursively until each project is simple to do.

Brenton

development large scale software project

Post by Xavier Pachec » Fri, 01 Aug 2003 20:25:46

Quote:>> Break it up into smaller projects, with well defined

interfaces - repeat recursively until each project is simple to do. <<

Music to my ears.  I agree wholeheartedly.
 -- xavier

Xapware Technologies Inc.
http://www.xapware.com
Application Lifecycle Management,
   Simply, Effectively, Affordably
        Active! Focus

Post by Mark Wallac » Sun, 03 Aug 2003 04:24:27

> Hello

> I search information about software engineering methodology of
> development large scale software project.
> Does anybody knows any websites or articles concern this problem.
> I've found many things about software engineering and methodologies
> of manage software projects but they deal with about small and medium
> project.
> I'll be grateful for any information.

> Piotr Gny?

Two vendor Web sites that deal with this issue:

http://www.popkin.com/
http://www.rational.com/

and a consulting site:

http://www.spr.com/

Echoing the sentiments of the other respondents, I would say that you
would be well-advised to break your project into smaller pieces.  A
project that is twice as big, has four times the chance of failing to
deliver a usable product.

Mark

development large scale software project

Post by Vi » Sat, 09 Aug 2003 20:51:24

Hi,
firstly I remember the tale: 20-years man ask to Mozart
-How to composer opera?
-You is yang too.
-But you composed opera at 6.
-But I don't ask how.

Secondly, I am ready to waste any time to your project, e-mail terms.

Cheers

development large scale software project

Post by Vi » Tue, 12 Aug 2003 15:56:14

Hi,
probably i wrong understand your request. The "projects' control
methods" are remembered for search: "Capability Maturity Model",
"Personal Software Process",
"Software Project Control Panel" and names Ad Jordon, Grady Butch,
Uots Hamfry(maybe incorrect, read on Russian), Noel Longuemare, Emmet
Paige.

Cheers

1. Large scale software development

Hello everyone,

I am looking for a book or documentation of Large scale software
development.  More on the side of:

1.    How the project should be divided into subsystems?
2.    How the builds of the project should be handled in a distributed
computing environment.
3.    How developers effeciency can be increased by cutting down the
build times.
4.    Against which stage of revision control system should a developer
build his own code?  What could be the factors involved in this (like
stability of the code).
5.    What should be the strategy followed by the teams when releasing
their libraries for other teams to use.

Above could be project specific, but any documentation which even gives
an overview of the above topics would be helpful.

Thanks
Shailender

2. Sendmail: Forwarding

3. Moving forward with a large scale software development

4. Catalyst 2916 losing config

5. Looking for programmers interested in working on a large-scale music project in spare time

6. XP-vs.net install problems

7. OOPSLA'97 Workshop on Evolving Software in Large Scale Persistent Systems

8. (none)

9. More recent book on "large-scale (C++) software design"?

10. RCS for large projects with parallel development

11. Managing Large Development Projects

12. UCLA short courses on "Protecting Software Development" and "Software Project Management"

13. To Manage large software projects -for distributed teams- outsourcing included - best tools available in the market.