Colour of Screen and Letters

Post by Klaus Lamber » Tue, 02 Oct 2001 03:31:46

Hi,
if one goes from e.g. Windows 98 2nd edition into ms-dos-modus you get a
black screen and white letters.

How can I change the colours:
 for the screen into light or white and for the letters into black?

Looking forward to the solution.

Post by Phil Matte » Sun, 07 Oct 2001 08:12:09

> Hi,
> if one goes from e.g. Windows 98 2nd edition into ms-dos-modus you get a
> black screen and white letters.

> How can I change the colours:
>  for the screen into light or white and for the letters into black?

> Looking forward to the solution.

In dos you will need to use escape characters to change the display
attributes of the screen.  I used to have a yellow c:> on a red background.
This was done in autoexec but I can't remember the escape codes to do this.
Your best bet would be to get a dos user/programming book.

I suppose you would just enter the codes into the env settings for the
command prompt shortcut.

1. DOUBLED LETTERS ON SCREEN...wit's end

I can usually solve these things, but this has me at my wit's end.

All the letters I type are doubled.  I have my modem initial string at E0
and my comm program at Echo No.  I've tried it with and without hardware
and/or software handshaking.  I've scoured my (Bitcom 3) and Everhard 24
manuals.

I hope somebody will take pity on me and make a helpful suggestion, even
if this turns out to be a dumb question.

Thanks, Bill

2. mail to file is broken

3. colors colors colors

4. KFest '96

5. Far Heap Corrupt, Coloured Popcorn Screen, Video card problems

6. Mandatory vs. Optional Values in Forms

7. Monitor screen changes colors

8. Buyers for 150mb Bernoulli Disks

9. colors and screen display

10. Computer Screen Colors in a Survey

11. screen colours for control room

12. Looking for Separate Color LCD Screen

13. Max # colours on a screen