cvs [import aborted]: c:\CVS\Master /CVSROOT: No such file or directory

cvs [import aborted]: c:\CVS\Master /CVSROOT: No such file or directory

Post by Morten Bach M?lle » Sat, 03 Apr 1999 04:00:00

I get the message

"cvs [import aborted]: c:\CVS\Master /CVSROOT: No such file or directory "

when trying to create a CVS project. Any ideas whats casing this error ?

I have installed CVS 1.10 as follows (on NT4.0SP3):

1) Added the CVS directory to my PATH variable
2) Constructed a master source repository with
            cvs -d :local:C:\CVS\Master init
3) Added the environment variable CVSROOT=:local:C:\CVS\Master

/Morten

Post by Ray McVa » Sat, 03 Apr 1999 04:00:00

> I get the message

> "cvs [import aborted]: c:\CVS\Master /CVSROOT: No such file or directory "

> when trying to create a CVS project. Any ideas whats casing this error ?

> I have installed CVS 1.10 as follows (on NT4.0SP3):

> 1) Added the CVS directory to my PATH variable
> 2) Constructed a master source repository with
>             cvs -d :local:C:\CVS\Master init
> 3) Added the environment variable CVSROOT=:local:C:\CVS\Master

First, I think you'll be all around better off using / instead of \ in
the
CVS variables.  Also, I'd consider a different name for the repository
directory since 'CVS' is a special dir name for CVS.

--

Ray
+ I've gone to look for myself. If I should return +

cvs [import aborted]: c:\CVS\Master /CVSROOT: No such file or directory

Post by Mike Cast » Sat, 03 Apr 1999 04:00:00

Quote:>I get the message

>"cvs [import aborted]: c:\CVS\Master /CVSROOT: No such file or directory "

>when trying to create a CVS project. Any ideas whats casing this error ?

>I have installed CVS 1.10 as follows (on NT4.0SP3):

>1) Added the CVS directory to my PATH variable
>2) Constructed a master source repository with
>            cvs -d :local:C:\CVS\Master init
>3) Added the environment variable CVSROOT=:local:C:\CVS\Master

Check to see if you have an extra space after "Master" whereever you set
CVSROOT (autoexec.bat?)

On our network, sometimes our autoexec.bat's get rewritten and have extra
spaces after CVS_RSH then ssh won't work anymore  :-/

Fortunately, you really don't need CVSROOT set.

Once you do the initial checkout, you no longer need that set as it will
pull it out of the CVS subdirectory.

mrc

cvs [import aborted]: c:\CVS\Master /CVSROOT: No such file or directory

Post by Morten Bach M?lle » Tue, 06 Apr 1999 04:00:00

Embarrassingly - the environmentvariable HAD an extra space after it. Sorry
!

/Morten

"

> >when trying to create a CVS project. Any ideas whats casing this error ?

> >I have installed CVS 1.10 as follows (on NT4.0SP3):

> >1) Added the CVS directory to my PATH variable
> >2) Constructed a master source repository with
> >            cvs -d :local:C:\CVS\Master init
> >3) Added the environment variable CVSROOT=:local:C:\CVS\Master

> Check to see if you have an extra space after "Master" whereever you set
> CVSROOT (autoexec.bat?)

> On our network, sometimes our autoexec.bat's get rewritten and have extra
> spaces after CVS_RSH then ssh won't work anymore  :-/

> Fortunately, you really don't need CVSROOT set.

> Once you do the initial checkout, you no longer need that set as it will
> pull it out of the CVS subdirectory.

> mrc

1. add files( NOT contained in the cvs work directory) to cvs repository

hi everyone,
I have to solve the following cvs problem and my whole experience in
cvs indludes only reading couple of "getting started with cvs" manuals
:)). so any help will be mega-greatly appreciated.
I need to make something like a backup system for files that are
constantly editted by a whole bunch of users. So there is a directory
with the files, and the users edit existing or create new files. every
time a file is created or changed I have to add it in the CVS
repository. I need to store all versions of all files. the problem is
that all these files CANNOT be in a work directory (obtained after cvs
checkout), this means I cannot do "cvs add" and "cvs commit". "cvs
import" is the only thing that will help in such a case, according to
me and the reading i have done. I am adviced though not to use it,
becaue too much "cvs import" on a folder with many many files will
slow down the whole process to much. so i CANNOT use neither cvs add
nor cvs import. so how should i do this. I read some stuff about cvs
but nobody desribes a problem like this. can somebody please give me
some ideas or solutions of this irritating problem.

thank you so much.

Kosta

2. Tape Backup

3. JALINDI IGLOO(cvs[login aborted] could not find out home directory)

4. WTB: Libretto in Germany

5. CVS: renaming directories in CVSROOT

6. SetThreadLocale()

7. Can't cvs import empty directory structure

8. Manpower Planning

9. Why does CVS import ignore a directory called source?

10. cvs [checkout aborted]: end of file from server (consult above messages if any)

11. CVS update abort error - *PANIC* administration files missing - Please help

12. CVS: Making checkout a tagged release use an older CVSROOT/modules file?

13. Win32 cvs export is creating CVS directories!?