help help help PLease

Post by Carlo Batt » Sat, 08 Apr 2000 04:00:00

i need help with my cdrw 8250i it will not read blank media

help help help PLease

Post by Alan Deche » Sat, 08 Apr 2000 04:00:00

> i need help with my cdrw 8250i it will not read blank media

Thanks for writing.  This is an all-time classic.  Where were you a year or so
ago?  We (er... they) could have really used you!  It's no telling how things
would have turned out had you been here.

BTW, I have a similar problem with my floppy drive.  I keep shoving in these
little yellow rectangular post-it notes, and nothing seems to come out on the
monitor.  Please let me know if you figure it out.

--Alan Dechert

help help help PLease

Post by D. Scott Seco » Sat, 08 Apr 2000 04:00:00

Quote:> i need help with my cdrw 8250i it will not read blank media

What a coinky-dinky ... I have the exact same problem with my 9100i!

Do you think that Hewlett-Packard is aware of this obvious oversight?
Please let us know when you find a patch so that H-P CD-RW drive owners
everywhere will be able to read their blank media.

Some people's kids.  ;-)

help help help PLease

Post by Carlo Batt » Tue, 11 Apr 2000 04:00:00

I used the patches at the hp website for a win 95 and it seemed to have
gotten it going pretty good I have ruined a whole pack of disks though
20.00 hp owes me over this *but anyway i was wondering if i could use
another program instead of the one that came with the drive i think that is
the proble m hopefully free!!!!

> > i need help with my cdrw 8250i it will not read blank media

> What a coinky-dinky ... I have the exact same problem with my 9100i!

> Do you think that Hewlett-Packard is aware of this obvious oversight?
> Please let us know when you find a patch so that H-P CD-RW drive owners
> everywhere will be able to read their blank media.

> Some people's kids.  ;-)

help help help PLease

Post by D. Scott Seco » Thu, 13 Apr 2000 04:00:00

Please reread my reply.  It was intended to be subtle sarcasm in reference
to your original "my (drive) will not read blank media" comment.  Of course
not -- no one's drive reads BLANK media!

Nevertheless, you may upgrade your CD Creator 3.x to 4.x at an attractive
discount or you can always purchase any of several alternatives -- WinOn CD
is quite nice.  Then begin your first practice sessions using CD-RW media
(assuming that your drive is capable).

You will often have to pay as much as $2 per RW disc, but if you shop
prudently you ought to be able to identify a st4eeal now and then.  Last
weekend I puchased a couple of short spindles of RWs at CompUSA for $30
each.  Unfortunately, I missed their $5 (after rebate) short spindles of
CD-R media.  At 60-cents per CD-RW or 10-cents per CD-R disc you ought to be
able to afford making plenty of mistakes.

Ciao,

Scott

1. Help, Help, Help...Please.

Does anyone have any experience using Printronix Line Printers with a
DEC Alpha (OpenVMS 7.1).  I am experiencing problems with all of my
Printronix Printers.

I have 3 Printronix Line Printers, all are set up as LAT printers on DEC
Server 900TM Terminal Servers.  I lose data every once in a while (FF
characters or data will show up in strange places, dropped digits from
numbers etc.)

The flow control seems to be working fine yet these strange things
happen.  Are there any settings (LAT) that I can check.  All printers
are running at 9600,N,8,1.  Thanks

2. Bouncing Ball - MATLAB simulation possible?

3. MSN Messenger 4.5 problem (Toshiba Laptop) PLEASE HELP PLEASE HELP

4. data access components?

5. Client Settings

6. HELP!!!!HELP!!!HELP!!!HELP!!!HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. IMAP Client list needed

8. Implementation Repository Problem.... HELP HELP HELP HELP

9. Please help me - Custom help files

10. HELP!!! Major Problem PLEASE HELP

11. need help with VMS, please someone help me

12. HELP---- NEED TO LOAD NT 3.1 ON AXP 150 HELP PLEASE