Ann: SPIN - May Philadelphia SPIN Meeting - 05/10/1999

Ann: SPIN - May Philadelphia SPIN Meeting - 05/10/1999

Post by L. Darrell Ra » Fri, 23 Apr 1999 04:00:00

Mark Your Calendars for the May Philadelphia Area SPIN meeting...and
please
forward this to anyone who may be interested in this topic.

The next meeting of the Philadelphia Area SPIN will be held on Monday,
May
10, 1999 in the Thomas P. Bentley building at Bentley Systems Inc. in
Exton,
PA.  The topic will be Microsoft Solutions Framework for planning,
building
and managing technology.  The speaker will be Allison J. Robin, Program
Manager, Enterprise Services, Microsoft. Ms. Robin joined Microsoft
Consulting Services (MCS) in 1996. MCS focuses on transferring knowledge
and
skills to organizations and in services, in conjunction with solution
providers, such as planning, design, development, integration,
deployment
and operation. Ms. Robin recently led the team that developed
Microsoft's
Principles of Infrastructure Deployment offering.  She is currently
focusing
on MCS direction for operations management.  Prior to joining Microsoft,
Ms.
Robin has spent 15 years in Information Technology in the chemical,
banking,
and data processing industries.

More on the topic: Have you ever wondered how Microsoft plans, builds
and
manages with its own technology?  Microsoft Solutions Framework was
created
to answer precisely that question.  Created from the shared best
practices
of Microsoft's product teams and information technology group, this
comprehensive resource also forms the core of Microsoft's services for
the
enterprise, helping IT professionals worldwide build on success as they
deliver business-driven solutions to customers.
The agenda for the meeting includes:
      6:00 - 6:30   Check-in and networking
      6:30 - 7:30   Program and Q&A
      7:30 - 8:00   Networking

Light refreshments will be served and there is no cost.  To register,

Directions:  See below or http://www.bentley.com/help/map.htm
<http://www.bentley.com/help/map.htm>

From Philadelphia Airport: Take I-95 South towards Wilmington.  Follow
Interstate I-95 for approximately 6.5 miles to the exit for I-476 North
(towards Plymouth Meeting).  Follow I-476 for approximately 17 miles to
the
exit for I-76 West (Schuykill Expressway).  Follow I-76 to the
Pennsylvania
Turnpike (also I-476 West).  Take the Pennsylvania Turnpike West (I-76)
exit 23 (Downingtown).  Coming off the exit ramp bear right onto PA 100
North.  Approximately one quarter mile north of the exit ramp there is a

traffic light. Go through the light and immediately make a right around
jug
handle. You will cross over Pa 100 and enter the Eagleview Corporate
Center.
Take the second right onto Pennsylvania Drive. Follow Pennsylvania Drive

until you see the Bentley Systems sign on the left. If you reach the
stop
sign you have passed Bentley. Turn left into 690 Pennsylvania Drive and
building 1 is the building to your immediate right. Continue through the

parking area until you come to your first left into a larger parking
area,
the Thomas P. Bentley building will be on your right after you make this

left.
From the Pennsylvania Turnpike: Take the Pennsylvania Turnpike West
(I-76)
to exit 23 (Downingtown).  Coming off the exit ramp bear right onto PA
100
North.  Approximately one quarter mile north of the exit ramp there is a

traffic light. Go through the light and immediately make a right around
jug
handle. You will cross over Pa 100 and enter the Eagleview Corporate
Center.
Take the second right onto Pennsylvania Drive. Follow Pennsylvania Drive

until you see the Bentley Systems sign on the left. If you reach the
stop
sign you have passed Bentley. Turn left into 690 Pennsylvania Drive and
building 1 is the building to your immediate right. Continue through the

parking area until you come to your first left into a larger parking
area,
the Thomas P. Bentley building will be on your right after you make this

left.
From Delaware: Follow Interstate I-95 North through downtown Wilmington
the exit for US 202 North.  Follow US 202 to the exit for PA 100
(Exton).
Follow PA 100 North for 8 miles until you pass the entrance to the
Pennsylvania Turnpike.  Approximately one quarter mile north of the exit

ramp there is a traffic light. Go through the light and immediately make
right around jug handle. You will cross over Pa 100 and enter the
Eagleview
Corporate Center. Take the second right onto Pennsylvania Drive. Follow
Pennsylvania Drive until you see the Bentley Systems sign on the left.
If
you reach the stop sign you have passed Bentley. Turn left into 690
Pennsylvania Drive and building 1 is the building to your immediate
right.
Continue through the parking area until you come to your first left into
larger parking area, the Thomas P. Bentley building will be on your
right
after you make this left.

* A SPIN is a group of software/information technology professionals
who are interested in software process improvement.  The SPIN is
sponsored
by the ASQ (American Society for Quality) Philadelphia Section and the
SEI
(Software Engineering Institute).  Visit our website at
http://www.eptech.com/quality/spin/SPIN.html
<http://www.eptech.com/quality>

SPIN

--