1. Beware, following is not an open scientific meeting (Re: Measuring Behavior 2002: conference update)
Professionals & Scientists,
I am writing to notify the community that the meeting announced below
is not an open meeting.
I apoligize for airing this dispute on a public newsgroup, but I have
remained largely silent regarding this issue over the last few years.
I have attempted to register as an exhibitor at this scientific
meeting on numerous occasions, but have been denied an opportunity to
demonstrate my company's products because this meeting is actually a
showcase for the products of Noldus, and not an open meeting.
It does not claim to be a closed meeting, though I think it is
important for the professionals and scientists in the community to
know that only vendors which are not competitive to the original
sender are allowed to exhibit at this meeting.
Therefore, the meeting which represents itself as an
"International Conference on Methods and Techniques in Behavioral
Research" presents a skewed view of solutions which are possible to
researchers interested in "Measuring Behavior".
Is this a scientific conference if it excludes the viewpoints of other
TRC, and many other company's barred from this meeting, offer
time-study technology used to Measure Behavior.
Lucas Noldus has stated to me that this meeting is only a "user-group
I feel the name is extremely misleading to all in the community, and
allows his company to "unfairly" bias the market, while damaging his
I hope you will be supportive, and ask you to Please write to
the community, and to request that this meeting be opened to
competitive companies as a sign of compliance and fairness with the
meeting's stated goal.
I believe this unfairness has taken advantage of this community for
Thank You for your time.
Triangle Research Collaborative, Inc. (TRC)
P.O. Box 12167, 100 Park Offices, Suite 115
Research Triangle Park (RTP), NC 27709-2167
work: (919) 549-9093
fax: (919) 549-0493
2. PowerPC as an answering machine
3. Measuring Behavior 2002: 2nd Announcement & Call for Abstracts
4. Memorylocation shiftstate
5. Conference update: Measuring Behavior 2000
6. Epson c40
7. Measuring Behavior 2000 conference update
8. Please help a newcomer:
9. REMINDER: Early registration deadline for Measuring Behavior 2000 conference
10. Conference announcement: Measuring Behavior 2000
11. Last chance to register for the PLoP 2002 conference
12. CFP: Conference on Software Engineering Education and Training 2002
13. CfP: UBICOMP 2002 - Conference on Ubiquitous Computing