y2k newsarticles going, going, gone?

Post by Ken Winter » Sat, 15 Jan 2000 04:00:00

Here's an updated count of y2k related articles linked from De Jagers site
over the
past two weeks:

Friday 12/31        78
Saturday 1/1        60
Sunday 1/2           53
Monday 1/3        131
Tuesday 1/4         72
Wednesday 1/5   56
Thursday 1/6        50
Friday 1/7             32
Saturday 1/8         21
Sunday 1/9            21
Monday 1/10         59
Tuesday 1/11        12
Wednesday 1/12    2
Thursday 1/13        13
Friday 1/14             10  (down from 78 two weeks ago and 32 last week)

Any estimates for next Friday (1/21)?  I do think the press is losing
interest.

Post by Steve Dove » Sat, 15 Jan 2000 04:00:00

> Here's an updated count of y2k related articles linked from De Jagers site
> over the
> past two weeks:

> Friday 12/31        78
> Saturday 1/1        60
> Sunday 1/2           53
> Monday 1/3        131
> Tuesday 1/4         72
> Wednesday 1/5   56
> Thursday 1/6        50
> Friday 1/7             32
> Saturday 1/8         21
> Sunday 1/9            21
> Monday 1/10         59
> Tuesday 1/11        12
> Wednesday 1/12    2
> Thursday 1/13        13
> Friday 1/14             10  (down from 78 two weeks ago and 32 last week)

> Any estimates for next Friday (1/21)?  I do think the press is losing
> interest.

Wouldn't you?  Got some good NFL playoff games this weekend.
Seriously, unless a Y2k problem is real obvious, it's going
to be quiet for a while.  As we've seen in the past, a good
Y2k coverup can last for months before you hear about it.

--
Welcome to the year MM!
'Mess' - The Official Word of the New Millennium.

1. westergaard going, but not gone

As far as the future of Westergaard Year 2000, we will be closing down
shortly provided that things continue running as smoothly as they have thus
far. If things take a turn for the worse, rest assured that we will be
around to
provide a forum for informa ve discussion and analysis in order to minimize
any further disruptions. John Yellig Editor Westergaard Year 2000
http://www.wbn.com/y2ktimebomb/index.htm

what do you think?

 have they been a part of the problem or not?

 is there anything they can do to "minimize any further disruptions?"

--
David Moore

"wholesale hysteria is clearly not called for."
Tom Oleson

when it is, they'll let us know ;-)

2. Oktagon Phase error

3. Way-to-go! Where do we go?????

4. Forms-based authentication

5. Go James go!

6. HELP - Chinon CDROM

7. Are We Back to the Go-Go Days?

8. OE V.5 X button

9. When Japan Goes, We All go

10. Y2K Folk Song: Where Have All The (Y2K Sites) Gone?

11. C|Net and Y2K - Alt: Do you know where your c.s.y2k post goes?

12. Montgomery County Schools' Y2K Solution Goes Belly Up

13. Pilgrim Healthcare Declares Y2K "Success", Goes Into Receivership & Outsources Systems