Help! Need LXY22 (Printer) cable pinouts!

Help! Need LXY22 (Printer) cable pinouts!

Post by John H Maxwe » Fri, 08 Jul 1994 23:05:02

Hello Everybody,
   I have had a problem finding a cable for my LXY22 (aka Printronix P-600)
printer. I have gone 'round and 'round with DEC to get the correct part
number for over a month and I'm still not sure if this is the correct part.
The number that they gave me is 70-09087-30 and they cost $285 each with
a policy of *no return* for incorrectly ordered parts! That, I feel, is
a bit harsh for a company that cannot even guarantee that this is the
correct part!
   What I'm looking for is the cable that connects from the M7258 (LP/LS-11)
Unibus interface to the LXY22 parallel DB-50 connector. I have been given
the pinouts for the BC27A cable (specified as the correct part in the
User's Guide), however this cable has a DB-37 connector on the interface
end. I still don't have the cable pinouts for the cable (that DEC _believes_
is a 70-16560-xx, $209!) to connect the interface (M7258) the the DB-37
on the BC27A cable.
   Is there somebody out there that can help me? I have a vendor willing
to build the cable at a reasonable price if they can get the pinouts. Is
there a way to borrow a cable for a few weeks and return it, intact, of
course, after it has been pinned-out? Can somebody pin it out and let
me know so I can pass it along to my vendor?
   Without the cable, this (albeit free) printer is basically a rather
large doorstop that just prints a test pattern (but prints it very nicely!)

   Posted responses or e-mail welcomed.

   Thanks much, in advance, and cheers,

1. Help! Need LXY22 cable pinouts!

[...]

2. Adelphia - DOCSIS, don't do it!

3. Wanted: printcap and cable pinout for DEC LA50-RA printer

4. CFP: 1995 AAAI Spring Sympoisum

5. I need the pinout for ECP cables

6. Bill Gates in most-admired top 10

7. LPV11 > Centronics cable or pinouts needed.

8. Need pinouts of LA50 & LA75 printers and the VT220 terminal

9. Need help with Pinouts for old DEPCA Ethernet Card

10. DEC LN03+ Laser Printer Help -- I'm New to this printer-- HELP

11. Parallel Pinout Help Needed

12. CGA monitor cable pinout required