The Taxman(IRS) having Y2K troubles?

Post by Daniel Per » Fri, 15 Jan 1999 04:00:00

I went into the local post office to find the new tax forms and the local
postmaster said that the Government only sent him boxes of booklets for
filling out the forms.  It seems the Feds are having trouble getting out
the tax forms as well as the states and cities.  He said this has never
happened before.   I asked if it had anything to do with Y2K and he gave a
nervous laugh.   Go figure.

Yours truly,

Daniel Perez

***Remove NOSPAM to reply***
TERMINATOR 3: ARMAGEDDON - http://www.terminator3armageddon.com
Y2K Quote - "If I'm wrong about preparing for Y2K I can live with my mistake; if I'm right, what are you going to do?"
"Prepare now because it's later than you think.  If you don't think so, take a look around you." - Fred Rexer
"...and exactly 365 days from now your desktop PC officially becomes a paper-weight." [Fakes Freaking Out] "Y2K!  Y2K!" - Jay Leno on the Tonight Show - December 31st, 1998.

Post by ZebraBreat » Fri, 15 Jan 1999 04:00:00

>I went into the local post office to find the new tax forms and the
local
>postmaster said that the Government only sent him boxes of booklets for
>filling out the forms.  It seems the Feds are having trouble getting
out
>the tax forms as well as the states and cities.  He said this has never
>happened before.   I asked if it had anything to do with Y2K and he
gave a
>nervous laugh.   Go figure.

Aha! Conclusive proof that the government is lying about
the devastating y2k effects on printing income tax forms.
The cover-up is exposed at last.

Did you ever wonder if his nervous laugh was because he
was wondering if you were one of those "gun-toting y2k
nuts?" You were in a Post Office, after all.

Nothing personal, I'm sure you're not that scary looking.
<g>

ZB

BTW, you can get the forms on-line. Oddly enough, their
computers work.

Post by flw » Fri, 15 Jan 1999 04:00:00

>I went into the local post office to find the new tax forms and the local
>postmaster said that the Government only sent him boxes of booklets for
>filling out the forms.  It seems the Feds are having trouble getting out
>the tax forms as well as the states and cities.  He said this has never
>happened before.   I asked if it had anything to do with Y2K and he gave a
>nervous laugh.   Go figure.

>Yours truly,
>Daniel Perez

My God!
Now I have to stockpile 1040's too!
flw

Post by Y2K Wh » Sat, 16 Jan 1999 04:00:00

><HTML><PRE>Subject: Re: The Taxman(IRS) having Y2K troubles?

>Date: Thu, Jan 14, 1999 23:27 EST

>>I went into the local post office to find the new tax forms and the local
>>postmaster said that the Government only sent him boxes of booklets for
>>filling out the forms.  It seems the Feds are having trouble getting out
>>the tax forms as well as the states and cities.  He said this has never
>>happened before.   I asked if it had anything to do with Y2K and he gave a
>>nervous laugh.   Go figure.

>>Yours truly,
>>Daniel Perez

>My God!
>Now I have to stockpile 1040's too!
>flw

RFLMAO!!!

Uh .. I still have the last 5 years worth.. can send em to you if you'd like ..
never did fill them out.

The Taxman(IRS) having Y2K troubles?

Post by Frank N » Sun, 17 Jan 1999 04:00:00

On 14 Jan 1999 19:47:25 -0600, an orbiting mind control laser caused

Quote:>I went into the local post office to find the new tax forms and the local
>postmaster said that the Government only sent him boxes of booklets for
>filling out the forms.  It seems the Feds are having trouble getting out
>the tax forms as well as the states and cities.  He said this has never
>happened before.

Sounds like they got a bit behind down in the print shop (ba*t level at
1111 Constitution Ave, NW).

Frank Ney  N4ZHG  WV/EMT-B  LPWV  NRA(L) GOA CCRKBA JPFO
Fan Guest of Honor, Technicon 16  http://www.veryComputer.com/
--
"One of the neat things about computers is that they don't respond
well to dynamic personalities with take-charge attitudes and well-

Post by ZebraBreat » Sun, 17 Jan 1999 04:00:00

>x-no-archive: yes

>> Sounds like they got a bit behind down in the print shop (ba*t
level at
>> 1111 Constitution Ave, NW).

>The way alarmists are speaking, you'd think that they're furiously busy
>printing MONEY or something.

What, do they use the same printing presses to make money and
tax forms?

That would be interesting.

ZB

Post by Mary Conn » Sun, 17 Jan 1999 04:00:00

>I went into the local post office to find the new tax forms and the local
>postmaster said that the Government only sent him boxes of booklets for
>filling out the forms.  It seems the Feds are having trouble getting out
>the tax forms as well as the states and cities.  He said this has never
>happened before.   I asked if it had anything to do with Y2K and he gave a
>nervous laugh.   Go figure.

Odd.  My library does not yet have the 1040 and 1040EZ forms (they do have
1040A), but all the usual schedules are there.  I know that last year there
was considerable gnashing of teeth over the Schedule D and how it interacted
with the main forms, and while that issue has been partly resolved, there
is still a lot of finagling to be done to reconcile the 10%/20% long term
tax rate on capital gains with the main form.  Last year, we were not able
to pick up some forms from the post office until the end of January because
of this problem, so if he says it has never happened before, I think he's
blowing out his ear.

Post by Thane Hubbe » Mon, 18 Jan 1999 04:00:00

>>I went into the local post office to find the new tax forms and the local
>>postmaster said that the Government only sent him boxes of booklets for
>>filling out the forms.  It seems the Feds are having trouble getting out
>>the tax forms as well as the states and cities.  He said this has never
>>happened before.   I asked if it had anything to do with Y2K and he gave a
>>nervous laugh.   Go figure.

>Odd.  My library does not yet have the 1040 and 1040EZ forms (they do have
>1040A), but all the usual schedules are there.  I know that last year there
>was considerable gnashing of teeth over the Schedule D and how it interacted
>with the main forms, and while that issue has been partly resolved, there
>is still a lot of finagling to be done to reconcile the 10%/20% long term
>tax rate on capital gains with the main form.  Last year, we were not able
>to pick up some forms from the post office until the end of January because
>of this problem, so if he says it has never happened before, I think he's
>blowing out his ear.

I dunno.... I think the IRS is late sending out forms.  I usually have
mine by now - and I did file from this address last year - and the
forms have not yet arrived.  The last few years I have had them in
December.  Wierd.  I really don't care though - my taxes got
complicated this year so I got Turbo Tax Delux.  It'll print the forms
for me.

The Taxman(IRS) having Y2K troubles?

Post by Frank N » Mon, 18 Jan 1999 04:00:00

On 16 Jan 1999 15:42:23 GMT, an orbiting mind control laser caused

>x-no-archive: yes

>> Sounds like they got a bit behind down in the print shop (ba*t level at
>> 1111 Constitution Ave, NW).

>The way alarmists are speaking, you'd think that they're furiously busy
>printing MONEY or something.

No, *that* printing press is two blocks over and five blocks down, on the
other side of The Mall.  B-)=

And it's currently running three shifts.