Work on CVS wrappers in 1.10.8?

Post by Bob Bea » Tue, 14 Mar 2000 04:00:00

I'm looking into getting 'wrappers' to work in CVS 1.10.8+, and for this,
I'm trying to get ahold of people who have been, or are, working on this
in the current CVS tree.

Specifically, I've looked into the code in src/wrapper.c, and noticed
that the -f and -t components of the CVSROOT/cvswrappers file are
disabled, eventhough there is some code in there for these options.

Since I work on NeXTSTEP and OPENSTEP, I would really like to help get
the cvswrappers code working as I need this feature.

If anyone can point me to the people working in the CVS Team on this
issue, I'd really appreciate it.

                        Thanks,

                        The Man from S.P.U.D.
                        We will write no code before it's designed.

1. cvs server : cvs co -d ... not working (1.10.5 and 1.10.6)

With the ext method, using rsh, here's what happening :
With a local repository,
cvs co -d . dir
checks out the dir hierarchy in the current repository.

With the same repository accessed by remote shell
cvs co -d . dir
gives
cvs server: existing repository /repository does not match
/repository/dir
cvs server: ignoring module dir

Also, if I specify an absolute path to the -d option, it is ok with
local
repository and gives
cvs [server aborted]: absolute pathname `/users/fimatex/roth/tmp'
illegal
for server
with a remote repository.

The cvs version on the server is 1.10.6, is this bug known and fixed in
1.10.7 ? I also wonder if the client version matters while using rsh :
is it
the client that operates remotely on the repository, or the server that
executes remote orders from the client??

TIA

Michel-Ange CAMHI
Ingnieur systme - ATOS Multimdia
ATOS - ZI La Pointe - 59113 Seclin
Tel: 33+ (0)3 20 60 7896 - Fax: 33+ (0)3 20 60 7649 -

2. FrontPage and @Home

3. CVS 1.10.5 and 1.10.6

4. Naturally Speaking for a medical office

5. CVS: What does 'P' mean on update - CVS 1.10.3 WinNT Client

6. voice mail, HELP!!!!!

7. Free check-ins or stable check-ins?

8. Great Text/Graphic Adventure Maker

9. ImplRepo: INS don't work?

10. Top 10 Drawbacks to working in a Cubicle...

11. Only 10% Of US Compnaies Have Done Half The Work

12. Does an Olympus ES-10 work with NT?

13. My X-10 Failed to work