how the device port addressing is done???

how the device port addressing is done???

Post by yoge » Fri, 08 Aug 2003 02:55:28

hi all!!!

can anyone tell me basics of  hardware addressing??
i.e in control panel/system/device manager if you select anyone device
and view its properties some device shows in their resources input
output range..what does it signify???

my standard floppy disk controller shows 03f7-03f7 under the same
setting??? what is the meaning of it...
if its addressing then are they part of ram or rom????

also how addressing in RAM is different from addressing in ROM???

and also one last question...
where do all device drivers get loaded???

regds,
yogesh

1. Wanted: I am Looking for a DOS application development program called Hyperpad

About five years ago, I saw a DOS based program called
HyperPad 3.0, written by Brightbill-Roberts (I think).

It was ~object based and provided basic data entry controls.
The flow of control was done by message passing and most of
the properties of an object were accessible at run-time.
You could link in your own C routines. I thought it was nifty
for a DOS program.

In any case, if anyone has a pointer to this program could
you email me.

Thanks,

Christian Ramsburg

2. Computer Training on CD-ROM

3. I am doing a review but need more info for judging it properly and completely.

4. outline mode / automatic heading level change

5. What I am doing about y2k for now

6. saveing

7. How well does Alpha 3000/400 (VMS) address SCSI LUN devices?

8. Atari 1040

9. Wow, I am glad that I am not responsible for any more PC's.....

10. creating serial port device with MAKEDEV?

11. DMF32 device driver for sync port

12. Parallel Port Address

13. Was the parallel port ever used for midi type devices?