Help in writing a dissertation on year 2000 Bug in Hospitality Industry?

Help in writing a dissertation on year 2000 Bug in Hospitality Industry?

Post by Harlan Smit » Mon, 18 May 1998 04:00:00

Quote:> Hello to all of you, I am a student in a Hospitality school and in order
> get my Bachellor's Degree, I have to submit a 10,000 words dissertation.
The
> Y2k problem I think will have an impact in the hospitality industry as
well.
> I am looking for information on this topic related to the Hospitality. I
will
> be glad for any help you might be able to give me or for any books or any
> other reference that could be in any use to me in order to make the best
out
> of this work. Thanks to all of in advance. George Rouvelas

Read all the links from these:

http://www.year2000.com/y2karticles.html

http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/roleigh_martin/

http://www.y2ktimebomb.com/

http://www.garynorth.com/y2k/search_.cfm

Harlan

1. Free check-ins or stable check-ins?

Hi all,

I'm hoping someone could give me insight to how they do things...(BTW, we
are using VSS 6.0 and
VisualStudio6.0 on an NT platform)

I was thinking about mandating stable check-ins for all code in our project.
That is, nobody checks in code unless it is deemed complete and workable.
Due to the way VSS <project> labels work (always labels latest versions of
all files), if code is checked in incomplete and a build is performed, it
could break the build. I've heard that if code is checked out for a long
period of time though (if a change takes a week or so), the code is more apt
to become corrupt. Is this true?
The alternative to this is to let developers check in code regardless of the
working state. If a build is performed, this may cause the build to break.
Also, if a "hotfix" needs to be performed, and if the code has already been
changed and is checked in incomplete, the hotfix will include the incomplete
code. If the code is stable, this is not a problem. If the code is still
checked out, at least the person responsible for the hotfix will know that
the code is being modified and can communicate with that person to get the
fix incorporated.

How do others here manage their source code with respect to the above?
Thanks for your thoughts!

2. buy only rail for SUN 280R

3. INS: Still Can't Find Bug - 20,000 Too Many H-1B's Issued?

4. Win95 File system details

5. Year 2000 Bug Remains Unaddressed In Many Big Industries, Survey Finds

6. EXILE IS ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC!!!!

7. YEAR 2000 Undergraduate Dissertation - Inspiration Required

8. Embedding icons in a DLL?

9. 8150, 3270, INS info wanted..

10. VST plug-ins

11. getting winamp to read plug-ins