vv10 is crap,need help

Post by The Gullble Skept » Thu, 31 Jul 2003 23:37:00

VV10 broke on xp,  getting error rc 30 engine gone caput.  I
tried reinstall but no luck.  I guess I need to uninstall it and
reinstall.  How do I back up the voice profiles with no ability
to start program.  (9 and 10 profiles compatible?  I might just
unacceptably unstable.  But 10 is better than 9 at dictating non
numeric documents.)   I don't think I am eligible for what little
cut and paste tech support they offer (since none of their techs
actually use the product or give a shit that it regularly
crashes.)

I think it may be time to buy the dragon dictate.  Are they yet
on par with vv10 accuracy.  Not sure if I want to spend time
correcting or rebooting.  Any ideas why vv10 broke or best way to
uninstall, reinstall 9, then 10 upgrade reinstall?

vv10 is crap,need help

Post by The Gullble Skept » Fri, 01 Aug 2003 00:16:12

Uninstalled 10 through control panel, reinstalled: no luck still
SMAPI RC=30 crash.

So I uninstalled VV10 and installed V9, But same error.  Also
tried diabling all mem resident programs (firewall, scanner etc.)
but same crash.

Any ideas, other than wiping xp out and reinstalling xp and VV?

Is dictate prefered (need excel) as accurate as VV 10?  Best
place to buy?

vv10 is crap,need help

Post by The Gullble Skept » Fri, 01 Aug 2003 00:42:50

Quote:> Uninstalled 10 through control panel, reinstalled: no luck
> still SMAPI RC=30 crash.

> So I uninstalled VV10 and installed V9, But same error.
> Also tried diabling all mem resident programs (firewall,
> scanner etc.) but same crash.

I see that a mfc42.dll could be the culprit.  Any one got a good
one?  Also I see about 2 dozen of these in different directories.
Which is the the one I need to replace?

vv10 is crap,need help

Post by The Gullble Skept » Fri, 01 Aug 2003 09:04:32

Quote:> I see that a mfc42.dll could be the culprit

REINSTALLED OFF XP DISK, BUT cannot get the thing to reinstall.