Is there a y2k movie coming?

Post by Tom C » Mon, 28 Dec 1998 04:00:00

  Does anyone know if there is a y2k movie coming next summer?

  Digs

Is there a y2k movie coming?

Post by cooleydo » Mon, 28 Dec 1998 04:00:00

Sometime in October of '99 there will be a Chris O'Donnel movie that has a
y2k plot.
Also, the next Bond, James Bond, movie will be about some kind of Millenium
Dome in the U.K. that he'll save from some villian with a white cat.

>  Does anyone know if there is a y2k movie coming next summer?

>  Digs

Is there a y2k movie coming?

Post by Daeron Meye » Tue, 29 Dec 1998 04:00:00

> Sometime in October of '99 there will be a Chris O'Donnel movie that has a
> y2k plot.
> Also, the next Bond, James Bond, movie will be about some kind of Millenium
> Dome in the U.K. that he'll save from some villian with a white cat.

And I have predicted that some of these movies may be censored
under emergency powers (martial law) to avoid fomenting panic.
Of course under normal conditions that would be completely
outrageous. The question is how 'normal' will things be by then?
We'll find soon enough, now won't we? ;-) Heheheh...

-Daeron

http://www.ironic.com/y2k/

Is there a y2k movie coming?

Post by Roger Barne » Thu, 31 Dec 1998 04:00:00

> Sometime in October of '99 there will be a Chris O'Donnel movie that has a
> y2k plot.
> Also, the next Bond, James Bond, movie will be about some kind of Millenium
> Dome in the U.K. that he'll save from some villian with a white cat.

I don't think "villain" is quite the right term for someone who wants to
blow up the Millennium Tent  . . .  "hero" might be closer.

--
Roger Barnett

Is there a y2k movie coming?

Post by Bloody Vikin » Tue, 05 Jan 1999 04:00:00

: I don't think "villain" is quite the right term for someone who wants to
: blow up the Millennium Tent  . . .  "hero" might be closer.

Here's a plot idea: The villian is a computer consultant who rigs a nuke
in a mainframe, there's all the fun action scenes, and at the end,
midnight comes around but instead of the nuke going off, the mainframe
fails due to the Y2K bug or a Y2K blackout. Then, James Bond unplugs the
mainframe with the briefcase nuke in it, saving the day.

Meanwhile, at the villian's liar, the computers fail, causing it to lock
him in and cut off his air supply.

--
CAUTION: Email Spam Killer in use. Leave this line in your reply! 152680
   T-minus 361 Days, 16 Hours, and 58 Minutes until Y2K and counting.

3394511 bytes of spam mail deleted.           http://www.wwa.com/~nospam/