Good news is good news, and bad news is good news!

Good news is good news, and bad news is good news!

Post by SBorkowsk » Tue, 18 Aug 1998 04:00:00



From Bloomberg News:
``The devaluation of the ruble is actually good news,'' Arthur Hogan, chief
market analyst at Jefferies & Co. in Boston. ``That shows a step in the
right direction by their government to get a handle on their economy.''

Are these highly paid "professionals" for real????????????????????
The Russian devaluation is a sign of much deeper problems, which are yet to
manifest themselves.
But there is a sucker.....

--
SIGFILE
-------------------------------------------------------------------
"The right of self-defense is the first law of nature; in most governments
it has been the study of rulers to confine this right within the narrowest
limits possible.  Wherever standing armies are kept up, and when the right
of the people to keep and bear arms is, under any color or pretext
whatsoever, prohibited, liberty, if not already annihilated, is on the
brink of destruction." -- Henry St. George Tucker, in Blackstone's 1768
"Commentaries on the Laws of England."

 
 
 

Good news is good news, and bad news is good news!

Post by SBorkowsk » Tue, 18 Aug 1998 04:00:00


Spin everything, lie about everything as long as you can make profit

>From Bloomberg News:
>``The devaluation of the ruble is actually good news,'' Arthur Hogan, chief
>market analyst at Jefferies & Co. in Boston. ``That shows a step in the
>right direction by their government to get a handle on their economy.''

>Are these highly paid "professionals" for real????????????????????
>The Russian devaluation is a sign of much deeper problems, which are yet to
>manifest themselves.
>But there is a sucker.....

>--
>SIGFILE
>-------------------------------------------------------------------
>"The right of self-defense is the first law of nature; in most governments
>it has been the study of rulers to confine this right within the narrowest
>limits possible.  Wherever standing armies are kept up, and when the right
>of the people to keep and bear arms is, under any color or pretext
>whatsoever, prohibited, liberty, if not already annihilated, is on the
>brink of destruction." -- Henry St. George Tucker, in Blackstone's 1768
>"Commentaries on the Laws of England."


 
 
 

Good news is good news, and bad news is good news!

Post by Moshe Shulm » Wed, 19 Aug 1998 04:00:00



>From Bloomberg News:
>``The devaluation of the ruble is actually good news,'' Arthur Hogan,
chief
>market analyst at Jefferies & Co. in Boston. ``That shows a step in
the
>right direction by their government to get a handle on their
economy.''
>Are these highly paid "professionals" for real????????????????????
>The Russian devaluation is a sign of much deeper problems, which are
yet to
>manifest themselves.
>But there is a sucker.....

I see you don't understand how the markets work. It went up today.
The reason is (as this guy said) the markets are MORE afraid when a
problem is ignored then when it is handled head on.

--

Empire State Supply

 
 
 

Good news is good news, and bad news is good news!

Post by WallyInfe.. » Wed, 19 Aug 1998 04:00:00




Quote:>From Bloomberg News:
>``The devaluation of the ruble is actually good news,'' Arthur Hogan, chief
>market analyst at Jefferies & Co. in Boston. ``That shows a step in the
>right direction by their government to get a handle on their economy.''

>Are these highly paid "professionals" for real????????????????????
>The Russian devaluation is a sign of much deeper problems, which are yet to
>manifest themselves.
>But there is a sucker.....

Did the US ever devaule the dollar?  And if so, what was the outcome?

--
Q
Anti-spam email address: Q wayoverat qsystems.com

 
 
 

Good news is good news, and bad news is good news!

Post by SBorkowsk » Wed, 19 Aug 1998 04:00:00


Yeah,
You could say that Nixon devalued $ when he got us off the gold standard.
The start of financial destruction we are starting to see today is a direct
result of that.
FUNNY money.




>>From Bloomberg News:
>>``The devaluation of the ruble is actually good news,'' Arthur Hogan,
chief
>>market analyst at Jefferies & Co. in Boston. ``That shows a step in the
>>right direction by their government to get a handle on their economy.''

>>Are these highly paid "professionals" for real????????????????????
>>The Russian devaluation is a sign of much deeper problems, which are yet
to
>>manifest themselves.
>>But there is a sucker.....

>Did the US ever devaule the dollar?  And if so, what was the outcome?

>--
>Q
>Anti-spam email address: Q wayoverat qsystems.com

 
 
 

Good news is good news, and bad news is good news!

Post by SBorkowsk » Wed, 19 Aug 1998 04:00:00


Yes Moshe,
And the IBM and Netscape are worth every penny. The markets say so.
Do you understand that Russia is GONE?
A little devaluation will do nothing to help. Do you understand that?
Markets are made up of many fools making foolish decisions. Do you
understand that Moshe?
That guy makes his living when times are good, and he will say anything to
make shmucks think that the times are good.
HERE IS THE QUOTE Moshe
"The devaluation of the ruble is actually good news,'' Arthur Hogan,
chief market analyst at Jefferies & Co. in Boston. ``That shows a step in
the right direction by their government to get a handle on their
economy.''
It is like saying that the decrease in patients * pressure, breathing
and brain  activity is good. Because it shows that patient's immune system
has a handle of patients health activities."

Moshe GET REAL. Show some common sense.



>>From Bloomberg News:
>>``The devaluation of the ruble is actually good news,'' Arthur Hogan,
>chief
>>market analyst at Jefferies & Co. in Boston. ``That shows a step in
>the
>>right direction by their government to get a handle on their
>economy.''
>>Are these highly paid "professionals" for real????????????????????
>>The Russian devaluation is a sign of much deeper problems, which are
>yet to
>>manifest themselves.
>>But there is a sucker.....

>I see you don't understand how the markets work. It went up today.
>The reason is (as this guy said) the markets are MORE afraid when a
>problem is ignored then when it is handled head on.

>--

>Empire State Supply

 
 
 

Good news is good news, and bad news is good news!

Post by Robert Hollan » Wed, 19 Aug 1998 04:00:00


Consider that the entire Russian economy ranks just above
the Duchy of Grand Fenwick in the scale of things, and you
can put it into perspective.

Robert Holland


>Yes Moshe,
>And the IBM and Netscape are worth every penny. The markets say so.
>Do you understand that Russia is GONE?
>A little devaluation will do nothing to help. Do you understand that?
>Markets are made up of many fools making foolish decisions. Do you
>understand that Moshe?
>That guy makes his living when times are good, and he will say anything to
>make shmucks think that the times are good.
>HERE IS THE QUOTE Moshe
>"The devaluation of the ruble is actually good news,'' Arthur Hogan,
>chief market analyst at Jefferies & Co. in Boston. ``That shows a step in
>the right direction by their government to get a handle on their
>economy.''
>It is like saying that the decrease in patients * pressure, breathing
>and brain  activity is good. Because it shows that patient's immune system
>has a handle of patients health activities."

>Moshe GET REAL. Show some common sense.



>>>From Bloomberg News:
>>>``The devaluation of the ruble is actually good news,'' Arthur Hogan,
>>chief
>>>market analyst at Jefferies & Co. in Boston. ``That shows a step in
>>the
>>>right direction by their government to get a handle on their
>>economy.''
>>>Are these highly paid "professionals" for real????????????????????
>>>The Russian devaluation is a sign of much deeper problems, which are
>>yet to
>>>manifest themselves.
>>>But there is a sucker.....

>>I see you don't understand how the markets work. It went up today.
>>The reason is (as this guy said) the markets are MORE afraid when a
>>problem is ignored then when it is handled head on.

>>--

>>Empire State Supply

 
 
 

Good news is good news, and bad news is good news!

Post by The Goober » Wed, 19 Aug 1998 04:00:00



> Yeah,
> You could say that Nixon devalued $ when he got us off the gold standard.
> The start of financial destruction we are starting to see today is a direct
> result of that.
> FUNNY money.

You *could* say that, of course... as to whether it would be true,
accurate or precise is an entirely different matter, no?

(hint:  1965 replacing of silver-based coinage?)
(hint:  1934 cessation of gold coinage?)
(hint:  1913 Federal Reserve Act and various subsequent ones?)
(hint:  take any US coin, stamp or bill and try to redeem it for face
value at any Federal Reserve Bank and guess what... you'll get face
value!  How is it that a currency which has been 'devalued' in the past
few decades is still the equivalent of the same currency issued before
the turn of the century?)

DD

 
 
 

Good news is good news, and bad news is good news!

Post by D. Scott Secor - Millennial Infarction Mitigato » Thu, 20 Aug 1998 04:00:00




>> Yeah,
>> You could say that Nixon devalued $ when he got us off the gold standard.
>> The start of financial destruction we are starting to see today is a
direct
>> result of that.
>> FUNNY money.

>You *could* say that, of course... as to whether it would be true,
>accurate or precise is an entirely different matter, no?

>(hint:  1965 replacing of silver-based coinage?)
>(hint:  1934 cessation of gold coinage?)
>(hint:  1913 Federal Reserve Act and various subsequent ones?)
>(hint:  take any US coin, stamp or bill and try to redeem it for face
>value at any Federal Reserve Bank and guess what... you'll get face
>value!  How is it that a currency which has been 'devalued' in the past
>few decades is still the equivalent of the same currency issued before
>the turn of the century?)

Gee, might inflation have something to do with it?  A few dollars a day was
a common wage back in the 1890's, a hundred dollars a day is commonplace in
the 1990's.  What a difference (and a whole lot of monetary meddling) a
century makes.

Ciao,

Scott Secor