Far Heap Corrupt, Coloured Popcorn Screen, Video card problems

Far Heap Corrupt, Coloured Popcorn Screen, Video card problems

Post by Programmin » Wed, 19 Feb 1997 04:00:00

Does anyone have any idea what this message means:

FAR HEAP CORRUPT

(This is FAR, not FAT.)

I get this problem after running the DOS
HELP command.

I boot.  I go into DOS.  I run HELP.
I get no topics.  Then, I go to exit, (alt-f, x)
and the screen is covered in colours, a different
one for every one of the 80x25 cells on the screen.
I call this coloured popcorn.

The computer then hangs.  The only thing that I
can do is to reboot.  I must shut the machine
off and on;  a warm boot won't work.

I have just reinstalled DOS v6.22, and the problem
has not gone away.

I suspect that this problem has something to do
with the video card.  We use:
Pentium 75      (PCI54IT)
Datatrain dc616 monitors
Stealth 64 Dram video cards.

Does anyone have any experience, solutions, or ideas?

Thanks in Advance,

Rodger Lepinsky
ADP Systems Partnership
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada