MSN Messenger 4.5 problem (Toshiba Laptop) PLEASE HELP PLEASE HELP

MSN Messenger 4.5 problem (Toshiba Laptop) PLEASE HELP PLEASE HELP

Post by Matthi » Fri, 26 Oct 2001 23:48:18

I own a Toshiba Satellite Laptop witn Windows Me

I tried to install MSN Messenger 4.5 but it freezes:

When I install the program, the liscence terms appear.  I accept it.
All the files are unzipping themselves and are being copied in a temp
folder.  After that, the "File Progress" window appears (a window with
a status bar and a cancel button).  No progress is appearing.  It is
just stuck there. I tried everything (close ALL applications,
installing being on/offline...) but it just does not install....  The
same thing apply to Outlook Express 6.  I just can't install it !

What can I do ??

PLEASE HELP !!!!

By the way, when I tried to install IE6 (windows update), it did the
same thing.  Files were downlaod, the installation process started but
it froze during it. I tried everything (close ALL applications,
installing being on/offline...) too and after 10-20 times, it worked.

Matthieu

Post by David Gravereau » Sat, 27 Oct 2001 08:39:27

>What can I do ??

Ask in a newsgroup that caters to your question.  It ain't this one!  See the
FAQ.  Or buy some tech support -> http://support.microsoft.com
--
"We have no intention of shipping another bloated OS and shoving it down
the throats of our users." -Paul Maritz, former Microsoft Vice President

1. MSN Messenger 4.5 problem (Toshiba Laptop) PLEASE HELP PLEASE HELP

[...]

2. Matlab R13 pcode backwards compability?

3. Help Please!!! Anyone with Toshiba Laptop Knowledge!!

4. COM PORTS

5. Quick link messenger software...HELP PLEASE

6. FM Based Whole House Audio

7. HELP!!! Major Problem PLEASE HELP

8. Real time OS/2 programming, port control

9. help help help PLease

10. Please Please Help!!!

11. Help, Help, Help...Please.

12. Please Help: Laptop Hardisking?