(Off-topic) 5/5/2000

Post by D. Scott Seco » Thu, 08 Jan 1998 04:00:00

So maybe we should all just quit now while we're behind, sit back, and
enjoy the next couple of years while we are able.

I thought we got rid of the "ice agers" a couple of decades ago.
Doesn't this Noone character know that "global warming" is all the
rage in this decade?  SOMEBODY's been listening to entirely too much
Art Bell and Laura Lee or watching CNN (same thing)!

Ciao,

Scott

>From a Barnes and Noble books by mail flyer:  "5/5/2000: Ice, the
Ultimate
>Disaster.  By R. W. Noone.  Precides that on May 5 in the year 2000,
the
>ice buildup at the South Pole will upset the world's axis, sending
>trillions of tons of ice and water sweeping over our planet."
>--
>Daniel P. B. Smith

(Off-topic) 5/5/2000

From a Barnes and Noble books by mail flyer:  "5/5/2000: Ice, the Ultimate

Post by Phil Edwar » Fri, 09 Jan 1998 04:00:00

>From a Barnes and Noble books by mail flyer:  "5/5/2000: Ice, the Ultimate
>Disaster.  By R. W. Noone.  Precides that on May 5 in the year 2000, the
>ice buildup at the South Pole will upset the world's axis, sending
>trillions of tons of ice and water sweeping over our planet."

Aw, heck... trillions of tons of ice and water can ruin your whole day
(even if they are US trillions). And we thought 2000 was going to be
such a nice quiet year, too.

Phil "there goes another holiday destination" Edwards

--

Editor, NEWS/400.uk             +44 (0)161 929 0777
"Hell, get me drunk enough and I'll eat tofu." - David Bryant

(Off-topic) 5/5/2000

Post by RandallBar » Sat, 10 Jan 1998 04:00:00

Quote:

> From a Barnes and Noble books by mail flyer:  "5/5/2000: Ice, the Ultimate
> Disaster.  By R. W. Noone.  Precides that on May 5 in the year 2000, the
> ice buildup at the South Pole will upset the world's axis, sending
> trillions of tons of ice and water sweeping over our planet."

I saw that one twenty some years ago on Rocky and Bullwinkle.  I think
Santa Claus had something to do with it; he wanted to live in the
tropics.
--

L  |/

v  | \  1-818-985-3259                       Please reply without spam
e    |\
Y    |/ Panic in the Year Zero Zero:  http://members.aol.com/PanicYr00
o    |\
u    |/ Have you solved http://members.aol.com/PanicYr00/Sequence.html

(Off-topic) 5/5/2000

Post by Mark J. Le » Mon, 12 Jan 1998 04:00:00

Quote:>From a Barnes and Noble books by mail flyer:  "5/5/2000: Ice, the Ultimate
>Disaster.  By R. W. Noone.  Precides that on May 5 in the year 2000, the
>ice buildup at the South Pole will upset the world's axis, sending
>trillions of tons of ice and water sweeping over our planet."

I thought the 5/5/2000 "believers" are the ones who felt the earth's
axis would change due to the configuration of the planets that day (I
believe all but earth will be on the other side of the sun in the
solar system, and the unscientific belief is that this will cause the
earth to tip its axis - and then all the ice in Antartica would melt,
and we all would drown in Waterworld, etc).

Anyway, I would bet on an asteriod hitting the earth first, if I was
going to worry about astronomical events.  More realistic scientific
theory, and IMHO, better odds....

(Off-topic) 5/5/2000

Post by Tom Dig » Mon, 12 Jan 1998 04:00:00

[chop]

: I thought we got rid of the "ice agers" a couple of decades ago.
: Doesn't this Noone character know that "global warming" is all the
: rage in this decade?  SOMEBODY's been listening to entirely too much
[chop]

If Y2k causes technological civilization to collapse and most of humanity
to die off, that will reduce global warming.  So maybe there will be
another ice age.  But five months after The Day seems too soon for it.
--
                                -- Tom

                                http://www.well.com/user/bubbles/