HCI graduate programs in the U.K.

Post by Berent Eskikay » Mon, 22 Dec 1997 04:00:00

I'm looking for HCI graduate programs (Master's or PhD) in
the U.K.  Does anybody know of any good HCI programs over there?

        Thanks a lot,

                                            - Berent

HCI graduate programs in the U.K.

Post by Paul Madde » Tue, 23 Dec 1997 04:00:00

Heriot-Watt University in Edinburgh does an MSc in HCI.  Check out:

http://www.cee.hw.ac.uk/MSc_courses/HCI.html

Cheers
Paul

Quote:> I'm looking for HCI graduate programs (Master's or PhD) in

Post by Quentin Nor » Tue, 23 Dec 1997 04:00:00

> I'm looking for HCI graduate programs (Master's or PhD) in
> the U.K.  Does anybody know of any good HCI programs over there?

Sussex University (www.sussex.ac.uk) do a MSc in Human Centred Computer
Systems which includes HCI and also have an active research programme in
this area with several current PhD's.

Post by smacbe.. » Thu, 25 Dec 1997 04:00:00

> I'm looking for HCI graduate programs (Master's or PhD) in
> the U.K.  Does anybody know of any good HCI programs over there?

>         Thanks a lot,

>                                             - Berent

Hi Berent,

A good course is the one I did at DeMontfort University in Leicester
see:

http://www.cms.dmu.ac.uk/Courses/MScHCS/msc-hcs.html

They get many students from Europe and a few from the States, also the
staff are really great.

Steven MacBeath

1. HCI graduate program recommendations?

Can anyone suggest some really great masters programs that combine
computer science, ergonomics, and HCI?

I have taken a look at the ACM SIGCHI Education pages, have searched
around the web, and see that there are several around the US, but I am
interested to hear from professionals in the field. Many of you must
have an opinion about which programs are the best. Which are worth the
time and money?

I am approaching this from a background as a web programmer, so I
expect I would be more prepared to join a computer science department
as opposed to psychology, but other than that, I am just exploring my
options right now.

Any input is appreciated.

Thanks,
Miranda Pearce

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. Epson 600 Text

3. graduate programs in hci

4. UK Hayes 33.6 PC Card - Hayes 56k External

5. Graduate Programs in HCI

6. What you [might] want to know about 56K/x2

7. Free check-ins or stable check-ins?

8. Security Policy cannot be propagated

9. H-1B PROGRAM REPLACES PERMANENT IMMIGRATION: INS/IEEE-USA DATA

10. CS Graduate Programs

11. Graduate Programs--HELP!!!