Password removal Help

Post by da.. » Wed, 13 Jan 1999 04:00:00

I am a broker of computers equipment, and one laptop I bought has its
password set in the bios, It is a DEC Hinote VP Laptop TS31D.  Does
anyone know how to reset the computer or reset the bios?

Many Thanks

David McGee
Global Technology

Password removal Help

Post by Hoff Hoffm » Wed, 13 Jan 1999 04:00:00

:I am a broker of computers equipment, and one laptop I bought has its
:password set in the bios, It is a DEC Hinote VP Laptop TS31D.  Does
:anyone know how to reset the computer or reset the bios?

  This is likely going to require a return for service.  The BIOS password
  mechanism is designed to prevent laptops from being stolen and -- if the
  password is forgotten -- resetting it requires service...  (The manuals
  are quite clear on this subject, too -- but that doesn't help you...)

  [While you might well be an honest broker of used equipment, there are
  folks reading newsgroups that likely profit from stealing and reselling
  laptops, too.  The BIOS password is intended to make these laptops less
  of a target for thieves.]

 -------------------------- pure personal opinion ---------------------------

  note to those folks not contributing spam -- there is no ZZ in my address

1. IBM PS1 CMOS Password Removal?

I have an old IBM PS1 computer that someone gave me with a CMOS
password (I assume, since a Bootdisk does not help).  It seems to be
lost.

Is there a jumper or something that will enable me to use the computer?
If so, does anyone know *where* it is?  Its identification number?

Thanks,
Vince Summers

2. Scott Ellis whereabouts?

3. HELP!!! CMOS password problem HELP!!

4. IDE CD and 2 HD's in RPC?

5. genrating secure passwords (was Re: Password choices)

6. test - ignore

7. HELP!! Pocket pc money password

8. Samba shares of DOS ZIP carts

9. Pkzip Password lost, help!

10. award bios 4.22 password - help

11. Help. Bios Password

12. Help - forgotten Password for " DFUE-Server" (DFUE (ger) = long distance data transmission)

13. Help: Password on a Tandy 2500 SX/25