Running a year 2000 systems audit

Post by Andy Harriso » Tue, 29 Jul 1997 04:00:00

Hi

 I'm currently involved in running a year 2000 project for a large company
 with an estimated 3000 unix machines. Each box needs to be checked for H/W
 and S/W versions. Is anybody else out there attempting anything else like
 this? If so it would be good to exchange ideas.

 Regards

 Andy

 Andy Harrison
 Sun Systems Consultant
 Tel: 01276 683367
 Fax: 01276 61207
 Mob: 0966 272804

Running a year 2000 systems audit

Post by Chris Youn » Thu, 31 Jul 1997 04:00:00

Andy,

Just a quick note to make you aware of our product Datefind-db.
If you have ODBC set-up to your Unix boxes then you can use Datefind-db to
search the databases and report on data which only has two character years.

Hope this helps.

Chris Young.
--
=======================================
Datefind-db - Y2K Database Analyzer

Post by Karl Scot » Fri, 01 Aug 1997 04:00:00

--------------0146D6EF9D8081ED122E430C

> Andy,

> Just a quick note to make you aware of our product Datefind-db.
> If you have ODBC set-up to your Unix boxes then you can use
> Datefind-db to
> search the databases and report on data which only has two character
> years.

> Hope this helps.

> Chris Young.
> --
> =======================================
> Datefind-db - Y2K Database Analyzer
> Find the problem in days rather than weeks !
> PC, Mainframe and mini compatible
> http://freespace.*.net/ast.uk
> =======================================

> > Hi

> >  I'm currently involved in running a year 2000 project for a large
> company
> >  with an estimated 3000 unix machines. Each box needs to be checked
> for
> H/W
> >  and S/W versions. Is anybody else out there attempting anything
> else
> like
> >  this? If so it would be good to exchange ideas.

> >  Regards

> >  Andy

> >  Andy Harrison
> >  Sun Systems Consultant
> >  Tel: 01276 683367
> >  Fax: 01276 61207
> >  Mob: 0966 272804

 I am also working on a large year 2000 unix project.  The project
started this week.
If you have any valuable information to share please do so.

Thanks.

Karl Scott

--------------0146D6EF9D8081ED122E430C

<HTML>
<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE>Andy,

<P>Just a quick note to make you aware of our product Datefind-db.
<BR>If you have ODBC set-up to your Unix boxes then you can use Datefind-db
<BR>search the databases and report on data which only has two character
years.

<P>Hope this helps.

<P>Chris Young.
<BR>--
<BR>=======================================
<BR>Datefind-db - Y2K Database Analyzer
<BR>Find the problem in days rather than weeks !
<BR>PC, Mainframe and mini compatible
<BR><A HREF="http://freespace.*.net/ast.uk">http://freespace.*.net/ast.uk</A>
<BR>=======================================

<BR>> Hi
<BR>>
<BR>>&nbsp; I'm currently involved in running a year 2000 project for a
large
<BR>company
<BR>>&nbsp; with an estimated 3000 unix machines. Each box needs to be
checked for
<BR>H/W
<BR>>&nbsp; and S/W versions. Is anybody else out there attempting anything
else
<BR>like
<BR>>&nbsp; this? If so it would be good to exchange ideas.
<BR>>
<BR>>&nbsp; Regards
<BR>>
<BR>>&nbsp; Andy
<BR>>
<BR>>&nbsp; Andy Harrison
<BR>>&nbsp; Sun Systems Consultant
<BR>>&nbsp; Tel: 01276 683367
<BR>>&nbsp; Fax: 01276 61207
<BR>>&nbsp; Mob: 0966 272804

<BR>>
<BR>></BLOCKQUOTE>
&nbsp;I am also working on a large year 2000 unix project.&nbsp; The project
started this week.
<BR>If you have any valuable information to share please do so.

<P>Thanks.

<P>Karl Scott
<BR></HTML>

--------------0146D6EF9D8081ED122E430C--