You think Japan Has Y2K Troubles?

Post by VE » Tue, 26 May 1998 04:00:00

Why don't you go join Gene Scott or Garner Ted Armstrong??? They already have
established millenialist religions you can perform your mental *s
in, Paul...
        Get a *ing life, man... you're pathetic...

        <who gives a damn?>

You think Japan Has Y2K Troubles?

Post by D. Scott Secor - Millennial Infarction Mitigato » Tue, 26 May 1998 04:00:00

Might I suggest that it may be YOU who needs a life?  Paul offers boatloads
of useful information with a smattering of commentary (popular or otherwise)
... not unlike your average evening "opinioncast".  You have several choices
at your disposal:

1 - Grant Mr. Milne a place of prominence in your killfile, sparing the rest
of us from suffering your creative assessments of his character.

2 - Read the useful information that Paul posts, ignoring his comments
entirely (as I often do).

3A - Read the information that Paul posts, often agreeing with the
commentary, possibly adding salient information to the discussion or making
a humorous quip (my personal favorite).

3B - Read the information that Paul posts, quietly disagreeing but
restraining yourself from making a complete idiot of yourself in front of
God and ten thousand sports fans.

4 - Unsubscribing from c.s.y2k (top choice of all sniveling Pollyannas)

5 - Take up a hobby such as razorblade gargling.  (Not recommended)

You are invited to add to the list, I am certain that I have overlooked
sundry creative options.  From where I sit, however, it would appear that
Mr. Milne has contributed far more to this group discussion to date than any
of his detractors.  (Present company conspicuously included in that
sampling.)

If most members of this newsgroup had to chose between reading your rants or
Paul's (replete with substantive content), which might you think the
majority would chose?  Tough choice here.  VE?  Milne?  VE ... Milne ... VE
... Milne?

*PLONK*  You lose VE!

Ciao,

Scott Secor

<VE's obscenity riddled pathetic blather selectively edited into oblivion>

You think Japan Has Y2K Troubles?

Post by Shek Borkowsk » Tue, 26 May 1998 04:00:00

Let me guess VE,
You are about 28-32 years old, you feel invincible, daddy paid for your
college education, you believe yourself to be very smart, have no
respect for authority and your elders, "Smashing Pumpkins" are your
favorite band and you think that Clinton is the best thing that happend
to USA.

Get experience, soon.

> Why don't you go join Gene Scott or Garner Ted Armstrong??? They already have
> established millenialist religions you can perform your mental *s
> in, Paul...
>         Get a *ing life, man... you're pathetic...

>         <who gives a damn?>

You think Japan Has Y2K Troubles?

Post by The Goober » Tue, 26 May 1998 04:00:00

[snippolio]

Quote:

> 5 - Take up a hobby such as razorblade gargling.  (Not recommended)

It is if you want to sound like Blind Willie Johnson.

DD

You think Japan Has Y2K Troubles?

Post by tryingtime » Wed, 27 May 1998 04:00:00

Here is the problem: The Japan market is closed to our products for the most part.
Indonesia Our products cost too much. Ditto China, Asia and other markets.

Solutions anybody?

NAFTA = lots of corporations moving abroad to maximize product profit on our dollars

Results Rich got richer = Investors of the stock market

poor got job cuts = 200,000 jobs lost in Indiana, US of A averaging 10 to 14 dollars an hour =
nobody buying much big ticket Domestic goods here = stronger dollar = weaker local economy.

Drives the wedge between the haves and the have nots even harder.

Now The Y2K hits and The DOW10K Is coming too!

Makes you feel sorry for them don't it if the Dow hits 10K it will be impossible to track accurately
with the software they have now.

I'm with Paul, they just don't get it do they! DOW10K and Y2K turn them loose and they will destroy
a way of life.

You think Japan Has Y2K Troubles?

Post by D. Scott Secor - Millennial Infarction Mitigato » Wed, 27 May 1998 04:00:00

>[snippolio]

>> 5 - Take up a hobby such as razorblade gargling.  (Not recommended)

>It is if you want to sound like Blind Willie Johnson.

Who the heck is Blind Willie Johnson?  An old blues artist with whom I am
not familiar?

Ciao,

Scott

Post by The Goober » Wed, 27 May 1998 04:00:00

> >[snippolio]

> >> 5 - Take up a hobby such as razorblade gargling.  (Not recommended)

> >It is if you want to sound like Blind Willie Johnson.

> Who the heck is Blind Willie Johnson?  An old blues artist with whom I am
> not familiar?

Blind Willie Johnson was like the Reverend Gary Davis... a low-down,
dirty blues player BUT... a low-down, dirty blues for Jesus.  He
recorded about 30 sides (15 disks) between 1927 - 30.  He was not very
old at that time and how is anyone supposed to know with which blues
'artists' you are and are not familiar?

DD

You think Japan Has Y2K Troubles?

Post by D. Scott Secor - Millennial Infarction Mitigato » Wed, 27 May 1998 04:00:00

>> >[snippolio]

>> >It is if you want to sound like Blind Willie Johnson.

>> Who the heck is Blind Willie Johnson?  An old blues artist with whom I am
>> not familiar?

>Blind Willie Johnson was like the Reverend Gary Davis... a low-down,
>dirty blues player BUT... a low-down, dirty blues for Jesus.  He
>recorded about 30 sides (15 disks) between 1927 - 30.  He was not very
>old at that time and how is anyone supposed to know with which blues
>'artists' you are and are not familiar?

OBVIOUSLY my guess was "educated" -- in that I suspected the occupation from
the name.  This is not to say the Deaf Bernie Goldberg would have evoked the
same response.   But thanks for the heads up, I'll have to seek him out
through a friend who very likely owns what is likely the "definitive" R&B
record/CD library.

Ciao,

Scott

1. The Taxman(IRS) having Y2K troubles?

I went into the local post office to find the new tax forms and the local
postmaster said that the Government only sent him boxes of booklets for
filling out the forms.  It seems the Feds are having trouble getting out
the tax forms as well as the states and cities.  He said this has never
happened before.   I asked if it had anything to do with Y2K and he gave a
nervous laugh.   Go figure.

Yours truly,

Daniel Perez

***Remove NOSPAM to reply***
TERMINATOR 3: ARMAGEDDON - http://www.terminator3armageddon.com
Y2K Quote - "If I'm wrong about preparing for Y2K I can live with my mistake; if I'm right, what are you going to do?"
"Prepare now because it's later than you think.  If you don't think so, take a look around you." - Fred Rexer
"...and exactly 365 days from now your desktop PC officially becomes a paper-weight." [Fakes Freaking Out] "Y2K!  Y2K!" - Jay Leno on the Tonight Show - December 31st, 1998.

2. Help: WinOS2 prog that only runs full screen

3. Well PC hardware trouble, i think it is that, what do U think?

4. block or bounce

5. Sixty Percent of Large Businesses in Japan Expect Y2K Troubles

6. Procomm Plus upgrade

7. Having trouble inputting dates to my car, microwave and some embedded chips

8. Information Filtering Tools for openvms

9. If you still think Y2K is BS... think again.

10. Y2K Trouble Barometer - Less Trouble In The News?

11. Japan in trouble