Microsoft speech Training.

Post by George Diamon » Sun, 03 Aug 2003 22:51:46

1. I am using Microsoft speech recognition provided with Office XPand I am
reasonably happy with the results.  I would however, like to increase the
accuracy percentage of my voice recognition and I just wondered whether it
would serve any purpose for me to repeat all the training sessions provided
for with the speech recognition engine.  I can just add that I have
completed all the training sessions .  Would it serve any purpose to repeat
the training ?

2. I am using speech recognition to do dictation it in English. I also have
to compile a lot of documents in another language for which a speech
recognition engine is not available namely Afrikaans. Can any of you suggest
any solution like for instance would it be possible to train any of the
existing available packages in a different language , and if so, which one ?

George Diamond.

Microsoft speech Training.

Post by Mark A Mande » Thu, 07 Aug 2003 02:09:34

: 2. I am using speech recognition to do dictation it in English. I also have
: to compile a lot of documents in another language for which a speech
: recognition engine is not available namely Afrikaans. Can any of you suggest
: any solution like for instance would it be possible to train any of the
: existing available packages in a different language , and if so, which one ?

As far as I know, no.

-- Mark A. Mandel
   1990-2001 Chief Linguist, Dragon Systems

--
To reply by email, remove the obvious spam-blocker from my edress.

1. Can't train Microsoft Speech Recognition 4.0

I've been unable to get Microsoft Speech Recognition 4.04 to work on Win98.
I'm able to adjust the microphone settings, but though the "Training ..."
button is activated, clicking on it does nothing.

Any ideas?

I subsequently installed IBM's ViaVoice and it works fine, but I'd still
like to play with the MS engine.

2. Theme Background

3. how do you train the Microsoft continuous dictation engine?

4. Installation on Solaris platform

5. Free Online Training - Value $450 Microsoft Exchange Server 5.5., Part I

6. Will trade TT for Falcon

7. Training MS Speech Engine

8. Wanted: Autocad Release 10

9. audio s'ware for deaf speech training

10. Microsoft Speech recognition engine

11. Microsoft Speech SDK API

12. Microsoft Speech SDK