Implementation Repository Problem.... HELP HELP HELP HELP

Implementation Repository Problem.... HELP HELP HELP HELP

Post by Stephen Kon » Tue, 27 May 2003 06:24:24

TAO VERSION: 1.3
ACE VERSION: 5.3

DEVELOPMENT/TARGET MACHINE
INTEL P5/1Gz/256MB and SUSE Linux 8.1/Kernel 2.4.19/GNU G++ v3.2.2

AREA/CLASS/EXAMPLE AFFECTED:
imr_tao fail to register my server to ImplRepo_Service.

EXECUTION/CONFIGURATION PROBLEM

SYNOPSIS:

Quote:>>ImplRepo_Service -m -o implrepo.ior -d 0 -ORBobjrefstyle URL &

Implementation Repository: Multicast Handler enabled.

Quote:>>tao_imr -ORBInitRef ImplRepoService=file://implrepo.ior add

childPOA -w
/root/cobra_pkg/cobra3 -c "./myserver -ORBUseIMR 1 -ORBobj
refstyle URL -ORBInitRef ImplRepoService=file://implrepo.ior"

imr locator narrowed
(3236|1024) EXCEPTION, Adding server
system exception, ID 'IDL:omg.org/CORBA/UNKNOWN:1.0'
TAO exception, minor code = 0 (unknown location; unspecified errno),
completed = NO

I am a newbie of TAO/CORBA and experimenting with Implementation
Repository service. I follow the instruction describe in
$TAO_ROOT/doc/tutorial/Quoter
example. I think I can successfully start ImplRepo_Service,
however I am unable to register my program (./myserver) by using tao_imr.

Unrelated Question
==================
Can I use ServantLocator and NameService together? For example, I
created a special ServantLocator to create an object(servant) of ABC
class, can I also bind this object of ABC class by using Name
Service?? How does client application utiltized ServantLocator???

1. Subject: Implementation repository Problem....HELP HELP HELP

[...]

2. LAZY way to wealth!

3. Implementation Repository problem........ HELP HELP HELP

4. New IBM ad.

5. HELP!!!!HELP!!!HELP!!!HELP!!!HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. IMMEDIATE NEED - Project Manager with Pharma

7. HELP HELP HELP

8. Anatech Eagle SCSI docu

9. Newsgroup listing. HELP HELP HELP!

10. help help help PLease

11. Help help help!!!

12. HELP HELP HELP

13. Help: DECwindows Motif 1.1.1 MWM help -where is it looking for help?