Looking for Student Computer Skills Test

Looking for Student Computer Skills Test

Post by Rusty Marti » Tue, 28 Nov 1995 04:00:00

I'm looking for a simple test to give me a sense of
a student's existing computer skills.  I want to know
how familiar they are with text editing, working on
a network, using the Internet, etc.

I'm thinking someone has already done this and would
appreciate a URL or a suggestion as to what would be
a better newsgroup for this question.

Thanks,

Rusty Martin

http://www.uni.edu/~telecomm

My initial effort:

Goal: Recruit computer proficient students with a test.

       Copy a file from a disk to a
          hard drive out of dos and windows.

        Compressing files
                copy a file that is 2 mg to a diskette drive

       Html:  Author two linked pages with an image
                and a email address.
                Write it with a text editor.
                Give them a printout of the page
                 to be copied

        Word:   Make a new file
              Recreate a memo with a heading and indents
              Save the memo to a specific drive and
                directory.

        Email:  Are you on a listserv?

        Do you have web page?
        Downloaded a message  (ftp/modem)
        Uploaded a message

        Powerpoint?

        Definitions:
                URL
                ftp
                telnet
                Unix
                What is the world wide wide
                What is the Internet?
                File Compression
                Satellite truck

1. looking for "au pair" computer student in Paris France

Centre d'affaire cherche tudiant informaticien, de prfrence de
nationalit amricaine, pour assurer divers travaux informatiques
quelques heures par semaine en change de son hbergement dans petit
studio.

rponse par snail mail, tl, ou fax.
pas de rponse par e-mail s'il vous plait.

SOPRIAM
Centre d'Affaire Saint Michel
Monsieur Priv
Voie Saint Michel
63, Rue Victor Hugo
94701 Maisons-Alfort
France.

tl: +33 (0)1 43.75.94.00
fax: +33 (0)1 43.96.58.66

2. Promise IDE card

3. High school student looking at Universities for computer engineering

4. channel_open_failure

5. Skill testing software???

6. raster reference - wrong plot (depending on scale!!!)

7. Looking for Skills!

8. Unwanted headers

9. test papers on IT skills

10. Need DEC/DECwindows Skill Tests

11. Banks world-wide travel in time to test Y2K skills

12. Research or litterature on training in general computer skills

13. Need help measuring computer skill/literacy/education/competency!