HELLLP! How to get rid of Win3.1 progs?

Post by Larry Rober » Tue, 29 Jul 1997 04:00:00

Arrrrrrgh! I'm at the end of my rope! If I can't find an easier way to
remove unwanted programs from Windows 3.1 I will go insane! I just spent
almost 2 hours deleting LotusSuite and some other thing I can't remember.
Surely there is a better way than deleting file by file, directory by
directory and sub-directory......?! What kind of sick mind would make it
so difficult to delete stuff? Hellllllp!

Larry the Nearly Insane

Post by Les » Tue, 29 Jul 1997 04:00:00

> Arrrrrrgh! I'm at the end of my rope! If I can't find an easier way to
> remove unwanted programs from Windows 3.1 I will go insane!

Can't help you with your already-existing programs, but in the future,
try this.

I downloaded a free program from the ZD website called INCNTRL (I
believe that's correct - it's something close to that, anyway). When you
want to install anew program in windows, first start INCNTRL, then
install the new program from within INCNTRL.  It will install as it
normally would, but INCNTRL will produce a log that lists EVERYTHING
that was installed, deleted, or changed. Then, if you want a thorough
uninstall, you can work from the log to get back to your original
configuration.
It's also a good way to check how good your current uninstall program
is.  You'll be surprised what they miss.