PhD in Computer Science vs. Computer Engineering

PhD in Computer Science vs. Computer Engineering

Post by Dan Smit » Mon, 11 Aug 2003 12:16:18

Hello,

I have BSc and MSc in Electrical Engineering
and 10 years of work experience in the
Telecom Industry, mostly in Embedded Software
design. I am now planning to go back to
school to acquire PhD degree. The question
for me is whether to study Computer Science
or Computer Engineering.

I have interest in both, so the main criteria
for me is their future academic and
industrial applications and potential job
market.

Could you please share your opinion about the
trend and  the potential of research in these
fields.

Is there any specific topic that you would
like to recommend?

Are you aware of specific book, magazine or
websites which can help me in my research?

Thank you in advance for your information.

Dan Smith

1. Computer Science Engineering vs. Computer Science

Hi,

I am 16 years old and am looking at colleges. Whenever I browse through the
programs I see C.S under engineering and its own category. What's the
difference.

If you have majored in computer anything, I'd appreciate it if you could
email me explaining the program. Anything will be great.

-Thanks

2. Resurrect an old Pentium II 266 mghz?

3. Software Engineering - Computer Science - Computer Engineering

4. Motif FAQ (Part 1 of 9)

5. BSc Software Engineering vs. BSc Computer Science

6. Please Explain Fixpacks

7. Computer Science: A.A.S vs BS

8. NJ Bell CLASS Services

9. CONFLICT in HCI Field: Computer Science vs. Psychology

10. Difference between Software Engineering and Computer Science degrees

11. Computer Science as a Science?

12. More on Computer Science and Arts & Sciences