Version 1.6.24b libc.a problems

Post by Robert R. Ha » Sat, 23 Jan 1993 01:17:33

Warning!
Don't put the library element src/lib/syscall.kr/write.s
into the library archive /usr/lib/libc.a as everything
that links it in gets broken.

I observed that the file in this subdirectory are not packed
as library elements. Therefore before I archived them I
changed their .s extension to .x and then created their
.s extension using the libpack command as:
    libpack <write.x >write.s

Now in response to the lorder command, I got this error messages
MINIX> lorder *.s | tsort > lib_order
Error lorder - ___execve defined twice in _exec.s and exec.s
Error lorder - _execl defined twice in exec.s and execl.s
Error lorder - _execle defined twice in exec.s and execle.s
Error lorder - _execv defined twice in exec.s and execv.s
Error lorder - _execve defined twice in exec.s and execve.s

I now have a useable archive library and the programs that
link with it now run, but when I tried the command:
MINIX> make image
I get:
construct -i image ../kernel/kernel ../mm/mm ../fs/fs init
construct: image: No children
make: Error code 256

1. Version 1.6.24b upgrade problems

Ok here is what I have encountered so far. I match all the CRC's
given in the file MANIFEST, thus I believe I have a good copy
of the minix/1.6.24b directory but I find the files:
ansi.sh and stdio.sh  to be short at lot of cdiff files as
after unpacking them my CRC's for the directories:
  src/lib/ansi and src/lib/stdio
still have my ver 1.5 CRC's.

Also I can't find the share file for the directories:
 src/lib/em  src/lib/float  src/lib/math

Beware the files syscall.ansi.sh and syscall.kr.sh did
not get compressed so don't try to uncompress them.
The file name syscall.ansi.sh exceeds the 14 character
limit and gets truncated to syscall.ansi.s

2. Screen Savers for OS/2 2.x

3. One more problem on 1.6.24b with K&R-C compiler (posix/_dup.c)

4. 'ADD/Remove Programs errors

5. PH1.5 -> 1.6.24b upgrade probs

6. DCF/2 is NOW finally SHIPING, I mean, it's on a UPS truck now :)

7. 1.6.24b with K&R-C (2) - commands

8. Outlook Express 6 very slow to start

9. Request for help with 1.6.24b

10. FATAL 1.6.24b (PC) Upgrade error, upgrade aborted!

11. 1.6.24b notes

12. lib/other/mtab.c (1.6.24b)

13. 1.6.24b update 2 [long]