Help needed with sperry univac terminal UNITERM 200

Help needed with sperry univac terminal UNITERM 200

Post by BURKHARD SCHILLING » Thu, 08 Feb 1990 03:19:10

Recently, I found an old Sperry Univac Terminal named UNITERM 200
in a Computer junk store for $25 and took it home.
Does anybody know this Terminal type?
The design seems to be from the stone age, and it has many buttons
with cryptic names on them on its keyboard.
All I know is that it seems to work in local mode right now, and that it has
a 25 pin male sub-d connector, which I suppose to be a standard RS-232
port. However, there's also another multi-pin nonstandard connector,
and a key named PRINT on the keypad. Is it possible that the RS-232 is only
for a local printer? And/or can I expect this to be settable/interchangeable?
 Does anybody know baudrate, parity, number of data and stop bits,
and the type of handshaking (RTS/CTS, Xon/Xoff, or none) ?
How do I set this Terminal Online?
Typos appear right on the screen, so I have no Echo mode right now via
the serial port. No Data, not even junk, seems to be received via the port,
tried at different baud rates and parity/handshake settings.
For sending, there semms to be a button "Transmit unprot Display",
but how do I receive?

Any help would be highly appreciated, because we need this terminal
for a student's project.
PLEASE HELP!!

P.S.: Please reply directly to this address, as I am no subscriber to this
list. Thanks!

Help needed with sperry univac terminal UNITERM 200

Post by Norbert Schlenk » Thu, 08 Feb 1990 03:53:15

Quote:>Recently, I found an old Sperry Univac Terminal named UNITERM 200
>in a Computer junk store for $25 and took it home.
>Does anybody know this Terminal type?

Not exactly.

Quote:>The design seems to be from the stone age, and it has many buttons
>with cryptic names on them on its keyboard.

Typical Sperry.

Quote:>All I know is that it seems to work in local mode right now, and that it has
>a 25 pin male sub-d connector, which I suppose to be a standard RS-232
>port. However, there's also another multi-pin nonstandard connector,

This is where you've gone wrong.  Sperry terminals use RS-232, but the pin
configuration is non-standard.  You need a manual, a talk with Sperry, or
a breakout box.

Norbert

1. Sperry/Univac/Unisys History guide

If you are interested in Sperry/Univac/Burroughs/Unisys
history, and the history of related companies, this may be
of interest.

Version 6.2  "History of Computing"  Encyclopedia on diskette

Runs under Windows and Windows 95.

Over 500 different types of computing devices listed!

Fascinating Information.  Over 100 graphics and illustrations.

Checks or Credit Cards accepted.   Only $15.00 plus $3 shipping.

It comes on 3.5 inch diskettes and installs in just minutes.

Here is a brief sampling of what it contains:.

-history of computing technologies from very early
counting methods up to early microcomputers.

-early storage technologies, vacuum tubes, transistors
-early operating systems, programming languages

-early typewriting machines,
-calculators, adding machines
-digital computers from the 1940-1970s.

-over 500 different types of machines are covered.
 such as ENIAC, UNIVAC, SWAC, SEAC, Colossus, Mark 1,
ABC, DEC PDPs, IBM (many), early PCs, Commodore PET,
Osborne, Altari, Atari, Apple, many, many more

-over 1,000 pages, hundreds of hyperlinks

-history of ARPA, ARPANET
-Bletchley Park;  Silicon Valley

-biographical profiles of computer pioneers
-profiles of computer companies, old and new
-extensive Glossaries
-comprehensive Bibliography.
-Hypertext INDEX

This is the ONLY Computer History hypertext guide of its kind!

Here are some independent Reviews:

  "There's plenty of pictures, and a stroll through this digital
  gallery ...will bring back memories for many long-time computer
  users...

  "This inexpensive digital compendium is ideal for anybody
  interested in researching the history of computers and
  for computer collectors.."   The COMPUTER PAPER, Toronto Canada

  "I find it a superior piece of work.  It is not only useful, it is
  enjoyable to use."..  Prof. W.A. Sutton, Lamar University

Only  $18. post-paid

Send $18.00 to:
  Lexikon Services
  3241 Boulder Creek Way,
  Antelope, California 95843

* * or Order by Credit Card, call:  800-414-4268   (BMT Micro)

All orders shipped first class mail.

Edition:     1997 Edition now available. Ver 6.2
Runs on IBM compatible PCs.
Comes on five  3.5 inch diskettes.
Requires VGA color
Comes with install program
Easy install.  Easy to use.

Educational Site License available to qualifying schools and colleges.

2. 2949 speed woes

3. Sperry UNIVAC chips

4. BUY NINO

5. Need a few HDS 200 or similar terminals

6. MSDN renew licence - Academic Edition

7. Need Working termcap for a Prime 200 terminal

8. Server not Configured For Transactions

9. Help Cable GraphOn OptimaX 200 Terminal

10. Help! IDENTIFY Sperry UTS-30 Terminal?

11. BAe 146-200 help needed

12. HELP! Need Lino 200 Cassette!!

13. Help! Need BJ-200 driver forDOS