looking for Real-Time/Multitasking kernels

looking for Real-Time/Multitasking kernels

Post by John Re » Sat, 02 Jun 1990 14:37:00

    Title: Need Info On RT/MT Embedded OS

    Dear netlanders;

    I am searching for a replacement for the Real-Time Multi-Tasking
    canned Operating System we currently use in most of our products.
    The OS we are using comes to us in a PROM as a position independent
    module, that we up-load and then link into our software.

    We (the company I work for and myself) would like to find an OS
    that is fast, easily modifiable and NO ROYALTIES.  This implies
    that the source for the OS is available for sale.

    The products we manufacture contain either a 8086, 80186, 68010
    or 68020 CPU.  The OS would need to be portable; as little assembly
    code as possible.  This implies that it should be written in a
    high level language, preferably "C".

    We develop all of our 680x0 code on Sun's.  The Intel code is
    done on PC's with the Microsoft "C" compiler.

    Also, are there any magazines or news rags that contain information
    about embedded OS's and things of that nature?  Addresses and/or
    phone numbers would be helpfull.

    Thanks in advance.

    John T.

    Voice (619)453-7400 x239
    email  (uunet, ucsd)!systech!jt

    disclaimer:  If I have said anything that in any way offends anybody,
                 any company or anything, it was simply misinterpreted,
                 and I really didn't mean what I said anyway!

1. Reply - Multitasking Real-Time Kernel

Reply - Multitasking Real-Time Kernel

Dear James,

I saw your posting in comp.arch.embedded asking about your interest in
finding an O/S that you could use educationally to change the policies
of the scheduler.

General Software makes a DOS that has a multitasking microkernel inside.
It implements threads, timers, mutexes, events, and higher level objects.
Full source code is provided for the entire system and you can develop
application programs with standard DOS tools (Borland or Microsoft C++
for example).  The company sells most of its products to manufacturers
of commodity embedded systems (used in cars, phones, faxes, copiers, etc.)

Product Development Group
General Software, Inc.
tel: 206.454.5755
fax: 206.454.5744

2. Starting sshd from system boot?

3. Look for Real-Time Controller Kernels for PC

4. Outlook OCX or Library

5. Real-time kernel to kernel comparison

6. ARQ hell on the Courier

7. Real-time vs real-time vs real time

8. foreign keys and innodb

9. PA, Software Engineer, C, UNIX, QNX, SQL, multitasking, real-time process control

10. Suggested literature on real-time multitasking design techniques?

11. Looking for a REal Time Kernel for a Pentium

12. Looking for source code for a 8051 based real time kernel

13. looking for a small PD real time kernel for the Z80