Step by step updating MINIX 1.1 -> 1.2 1.2 -> 1.3

Step by step updating MINIX 1.1 -> 1.2 1.2 -> 1.3

Post by DAVIDS%HENUT5.BIT.. » Tue, 03 Jul 1990 00:03:00

I do have severe troubles updating minix from 1.1 to 1.2.
I do have 1.1 complete !!

I think more people on the net find it a hell of a job updating minix
from 1.1 to 1.2.

I couldn't find any good step by step updating docs.

Because i'm working with an 2 360 kb floppy system i know the problems are
a little bigger.

-> Is there anybody on the net who can help ME or US !! with many problems and
   give step by step updating info.

I have succeeded in compiling the whole original O.S. Version 1.1 as mentioned
as an example in the book.

Second i do have a little thing to think about !!

-> CAN'T WE SPLIT UP THE MINIX CONFERENCE IN TWO PARTS

   A) ONE PART FOR UPDATE AND PATCH FILES
   B) ANOTHER PART FOR QUESTIONS AND INFO

People interested in step by step updating first from 1.1 to 1.2
after that from 1.2 to 1.3 please let me know.

or if in general interest to this conference

Marcel H. Davids

1. Step by step upgrading MINIX 1.1 -> 1.2 ; 1.2 -> 1.3

[...]

2. Economaniacs?

3. Still having problems with 1.1->1.2->1.3 conversion.

4. Q: Generating invoices in PDF?

5. 1.2->1.3->1.5

6. Hide DIV tag (Layer)

7. UUCP 1.2 -> 1.2.1 -> 1.3

8. Change of address...

9. Acrobat 3 -> 2 (PDF 1.2->1.1)

10. Minix 1.2 -> 1.3 upgrade

11. Trouble with 1.1 to 1.2 to 1.3 conversion

12. fdopen && 1.2->1.3 && patch

13. Help upgrading 1.2 -> 1.3