minix history

Post by David Nordsted » Thu, 16 Sep 1999 04:00:00

Hi,

I'm using minix on Solaris for my operating systems class this
semester.  Is there any type of history you can turn on in minix (to
toggle through previous commands)?  Are there versions on tcsh for
minix?

--
David

minix history

Post by David Stanaw » Fri, 17 Sep 1999 04:00:00

>Hi,

>I'm using minix on Solaris for my operating systems class this
>semester.  Is there any type of history you can turn on in minix (to
>toggle through previous commands)?  Are there versions on tcsh for
>minix?

Try loggin in as bin as the manual suggests.
The shell for bin (I can't remember what its called) is a little like
bash in its syntax and some of bash's more frequently used features (Except for
Job control :( I really miss Job control)).

David Stanaway

minix history

Post by David Nordsted » Fri, 17 Sep 1999 04:00:00

> >Hi,

> >I'm using minix on Solaris for my operating systems class this
> >semester.  Is there any type of history you can turn on in minix (to
> >toggle through previous commands)?  Are there versions on tcsh for
> >minix?

> Try loggin in as bin as the manual suggests.
> The shell for bin (I can't remember what its called) is a little like
> bash in its syntax and some of bash's more frequently used features (Except for
> Job control :( I really miss Job control)).

> David Stanaway

Excellent! Thank you very much!

--
David